Transport Coordinator EMEA – DSM Geleen
Purpose of the position
Perfect allocation of sales orders of end products in alignment with the sales- and stock plans and internal company procedures, as well as STO’s (Stock Transfer Orders) for raw materials/ semi-finished products to overseas DEM affiliates
- DSM Engineering Materials is internationally oriented, with customers spread all over the world. The BG European main office is located in Geleen. The production sites are in China, Belgium, and the Netherlands (2x). This leads to cross-cultural interactions.
- It is essential for the Transport Coordinator (TCO) to maintain good contacts with the other departments in the Order to Cash (OTC) process. Due to the many links to PTO (Process-To-Order), Demand Manager EMEA, SCM (Supply Chain Management), Quality and Raw Material Planners at the production sites, TCO needs to act as the pivotal point of the operation of our running business
- Increased SHE and Quality systems requirements demand a more proactive stance by the OTC department to ensure LSP (Logistics Service Providers) are aware of all processes and new regulations.
Key areas of responsibility
- Assigning the shipment to the internal/ external customer in order to support the expedition-quality and cost efficiency optimal conditions:
- road transport
- air transport
- sea transport
- intermodal transport
- Sample shipment
- Urgent (rush) shipments
- Good communication with CSR-team globally, MPS (Material Planning Scheduler), Raw Material Planners, Demand Manager EMEA, and R&D department
- Communicate with the warehouses on operational issues and in case of special customer orders and pickup instructions.
- Communicate with DEM’s 4PL’s/Logistic Service Providers (BDP, IDS, Rhenus)
- Handling customer orders and stock allocation according to plan, OTC guidelines, and discretionary stocks.
- Daily checking of back order list and suggesting alternatives in consultation with planning, preparation, supply chain and sales and OTC guidelines.
- Handle targeted offering SO (Sales Order) materials (Notifications) sales offices and/or customers.
- Support in information supply to transports in case of incidents
- Internal and external showing and supporting positive behavior towards SHE to prevent unsafe situations
- Comply with KPI’s, such as SCDC.
Complexity of the job
- Action in an international environment with cross-cultural aspects.
- Networking with counterparts within DSM, multiple locations.
- Connecting with counterparts within DEM and external LSP.
- Working closely with MPS, Customer Service, Raw Material Planners, expedition team at the loading locations in Europe
- Detailed knowledge of the market and customer requirements to maintain customer intimacy.
- Multi-cultural environment.
- High tension work environment due to the operational matching of customer demand and supply availability.
Knowledge and educational level
- HBO+ degree
- Knowledge of SAP EPP/ BW
- Computer skills, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of and affection to the dynamics of logistics processes
- Knowledge – writing and speaking – of English language
- Multiple years’ experience in Customer Service/ Logistics environment
- Commercial awareness.
- Sensitive to other cultures.
For more information, please contact: