Technician Vector Generation – VectorY
Work for an organization that brings innovative therapies to patients worldwide.
VectorY combines the potential of antibodies and gene therapy to develop long-lasting therapeutic solutions for disease areas of high unmet medical need.
Founded in August 2020, and based in the Amsterdam Science Park, VectorY is a fully integrated gene therapy company focused on the development of innovative therapeutics.
With R&D and manufacturing facilities in Amsterdam, VectorY develops proprietary & partnered programs based on its novel AAV-based vectorized antibody gene therapy platform. Product candidates are based on next-generation vector technologies, which will enable a proprietary and highly scalable manufacturing process within VectorY’s own manufacturing facilities.
Short description of the department Vector Development
The Vector Development department forms the foundation of the VectorY products as it is responsible for the generation and characterization of novel AAV vectors. These vectors are produced on the Baculovirus Expression Vector System (BEVs) in insect cells. The group utilizes the molecular toolbox to design AAV vectors with novel characteristics such as specific cell targeting or specific transgene expression profiles. Furthermore, the group is responsible for the generation of AAV and Baculoviral seeds which are used by all other VectorY teams for further development.
The Technician is mainly involved in practical work for the generation and characterization of Baculoviruses and AAV. As Technician, you:
- Execute practical lab work, data analysis and reporting
- Set up viral vector production platforms and accompanying cell lines
- Recognise day to day problems and accepts solutions based on standard (and novel) procedures
- Communicate the daily work and results obtained to your peers and supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc or MSc degree in Life Sciences with a preference for Molecular Virology and Biology
- Experience in viral vector generation and testing
- Experience in (insect) cell culture, cell banking and testing
- Preferably experience in preGMP/industry setting
- Good command of the English language, both verbally and in writing
- Pro-active, flexible, organized
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
Your Natural Strengths and Drivers
You are enthusiastic and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You can easily adapt to dynamic priority demands. You are thorough, precise, and have a high-quality standard. You are critical, proactive and have good problem-solving and analytical skills.
Working at VectorY
We offer a personal and authentic experience within a young, ambitious biotech company with a strong and established infrastructure on the path to bringing innovative therapies to patients worldwide
For more information about this vacancy, contact managing partner Albert Peters at + 31 628209882 or send your cv to email@example.com