Technician High-Throughput Strain Engineering – DSM Delft
DSM Biotechnology Center (DBC) is the primary location for biotechnological Research and Development and is responsible for the realization of biotechnological innovations and the development of new bio-products and sustainable bio-production processes. DBC has strong competencies in high-throughput screening, microbial strain development, bio-design and modeling, industrial bioprocessing, application, microbiology, and analytics. DBC is well connected to the DSM R&D hubs in the US and China and external research institutes and universities.
The Automation & Screening group is part of DBC and works at the interface of molecular biology and robotics. By using high-throughput methods, strain engineering, and screening techniques, we improve microbial strain performance to produce diverse products like sweeteners, biofuels, and enzymes.
As a technician in the Automation & Screening team, you will be using high-throughput (HT) techniques to build and improve strain performance in projects. The HT DNA assembly and strain engineering strand is integral to building a variety of high-performing microorganisms for the production of diverse biomolecules.
We need members of our team to be detail-oriented, multi-taskers that are collaborative and can fully engage in the execution of the workflows. We are looking to add someone to our team who is:
- Trained in the area of molecular biology/genetics or biotechnology at a bachelor’s level with relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable in molecular biology techniques, like PCR, DNA assembly, DNA purification, DNA sequencing, DNA transformation, etc.
- Interested in laboratory automation and use of data-management systems. Prior experience with automated liquid handlers is favored.
- Able to manage multiple on-going tasks including scheduling instrumentation and executing daily workflow processes
- Capable of mentoring and training others on established protocols
- Proactive in initiating improvements in the workflows/processes
- A good communicator and fluent in the English language
- Preparing reagents and materials to support daily operations and taking care of the laboratory equipment that you use
- Planning and performing experimental work independently in a safe and effective way
- Utilizing automated liquid handling platforms and custom software to run automated DNA assembly and microbial strain construction workflows
- Supporting the use of automated protocols and workflows on liquid handlers once fully trained
- Entering and processing data as well as working with tools to analyze data
- Interpreting, analyzing, and then reporting the results of experiments to team members.
For more information, please contact: