Technician Formulation & Process Development – Innocore Pharmaceuticals
About InnoCore Pharmaceuticals
InnoCore Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical drug delivery company located in the city of Groningen. We are the partner of choice for the development of complex injectable drug delivery products with improved therapeutic efficacy and fewer side effects. We are recognized as a customer-focused center of excellence with an unsurpassed drive to provide solutions for our rapidly growing international client base of pharmaceutical companies. Our multi-disciplinary team of around 40 experts is specialized in the development of microparticle-, gel- and implant-based injectable sustained-release formulations for the treatment of a variety of chronic diseases. In addition to our highly versatile portfolio of proprietary biodegradable polymeric drug delivery technologies and an extensive track record in pharmaceutical development, we offer cGMP manufacturing of clinical supplies through a network of qualified CMO’s. Due to the success of our innovations, we need to expand our team and we currently have a job opening for a Technician Formulation & Process Development (level II).
As a Technician Formulation & Process Development (level II) you are responsible for the manufacturing of complex parenteral sustained release formulations using InnoCore’s SynBiosys® and InGell® biodegradable polymer platforms. In addition, you are responsible for designing and developing formulations, and/or its manufacturing process, to enable delivery of active pharmaceutical ingredients in a dosage form suitable for pre-clinical or clinical studies under supervision of a Formulation Scientist and/or Process Engineer.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) autonomously set up, plan, execute, and coordinate manufacturing of R&D, GLP and GMP products to support analytical method-, formulation-, process-, and polymer development work and interpret the results. You work on several projects in parallel as part of multiple project teams and in close collaboration with InnoCore´s clients and you ensure the timely delivery of formulation results and documentation. You report to the Manager Operations and Quality Control.
In your role as a Technician Formulation & Process Development you:
- Plan and execute manufacturing of R&D, GLP and GMP products according to the scientific study design and you interpret, report and present the results in an accurate, comprehensive way.
- Support the Formulation Scientist and/or Process Engineer with the design and development of formulations and well-scalable processes.
- Work together and effectively collaborate with technicians, engineers and scientists of the different departments in cross-functional project teams led by a project manager.
- Ensure, together with other members of the project teams, that the manufactured products meet their specifications and are in accordance with the target product profile set with the client.
- Perform troubleshooting on equipment and processes and initiate corrective actions.
- Assist the Formulation Scientist and Process Engineer with the selection and evaluation of new equipment and execute the installation, qualification, calibration and/or maintenance activities.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with company procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
Skills and competencies
In addition to having a BSc degree in (polymer) chemistry, chemical engineering, (bio)pharmaceutical sciences or a related discipline, you:
- Have good knowledge of (polymer) chemistry and formulation science.
- Can work in both an R&D and GMP environment.
- Generate creative ideas by thinking outside the box and convert ideas into experiments while applying analytical skills.
- Have the ability to transfer results or solutions effectively and inspiring to others in writing or verbally.
- Have the drive to get things done and you efficiently and accurately perform and interpret experiments.
- Look for opportunities to develop your skills and add some new ones.
- Have the ability to develop a broad big-picture view of InnoCore and its mission and you can link strategic objectives to work priorities.
- Understand the needs of the clients and looks for ways to provide added value.
Contact Recruiter Jorrith van der Sluijs at +316 25417376 for more information about this vacancy.