Technician Assay Development – VectorY
Work for an organization that brings innovative therapies to patients worldwide
VectorY combines the potential of antibodies and gene therapy to develop long-lasting therapeutic solutions for disease areas of high unmet medical need.
Founded in August 2020, and based in the Amsterdam Science Park, VectorY is a fully integrated gene therapy company focused on the development of innovative therapeutics.
With R&D and manufacturing facilities in Amsterdam, VectorY develops proprietary & partnered programs based on its novel AAV-based vectorized antibody gene therapy platform. Product candidates are based on next-generation vector technologies, which will enable a proprietary and highly scalable manufacturing process within VectorY’s own manufacturing facilities
Short description of the department Vector Development
The Assay Development department is an essential part of VectorY as they are responsible for the development and execution of assays for baculovirus and AAV batch characterization throughout the whole company. The Assays are divided into molecular, analytical and (pre)clinical assays, each having its focus and technical speciality. The group utilizes the molecular toolbox to analyse AAV vectors with novel characteristics. Furthermore, the group is responsible for the development of de novo assays which are used by all other VectorY teams for further development.
Main responsibilities of the role
- In the role of Technician, you are involved in practical lab work, data analysis and reporting
- Together with the (Sr.) Scientist Assay Devel
- Molecular biology experience including qPCR, ddPCR, protein assays, and sequencing
- Recognises day to day problems and finds solutions based on standard (and novel) procedures
- Communicates the daily work and results obtained to the Scientist Assay Development
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in assay design & characterization
- Experience in molecular biology, cell culture and assay set-up
- Familiarity with GDP and LIMS plus
Your Natural Strengths and Drivers
You are thorough and have an eye for detail. You deliver highly precise work and work consistently and at a steady pace.
Working at VectorY
We offer a personal and authentic experience within a young, ambitious biotech company on the path to bringing innovative therapies to patients worldwide.
For more information about this vacancy, contact managing partner Albert Peters at + 31 628209882 or send your cv to email@example.com