Sr. Project manager/Portfolio Manager – DSM
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DSM Engineering Materials is a global supplier of high-performance engineering thermoplastic solutions. DSM Engineering Materials has a focused portfolio of products; with each of them it has realized global leadership. DSM is the global number 3 in the overall market for semi-crystalline engineering plastics and is the global market leader in high-temperature polyamides.
The Site DSM Engineering Materials Emmen produces the polymer Polyamide 6 (Nylon) based on caprolactam in the PA6 plant. This polymer is used in textile and carpet yarns and for domestic, industrial and electrical applications. Additionally, in the Compound plant, polymers for specific applications are made based on five basic polymers. These polymers are made by adding colouring agents, reinforcing agents, mold release agents, flame retardants or other additives, and are supplied under the name Akulon, Arnite and Arnitel. DAP manufactures raw materials for both plants. The end products are then packaged and prepared for shipment. There are high demands in the field of SHE: DSM achieves an accident-free workplace.
Purpose of the position
- Responsible for translating handed-over scopes and “business needs” to a project approach.
- Responsible for preparing, planning, executing and closing out Small Projects according to DSM work process ME-7 projects <1M €.
- Responsible for preparing, planning, executing and closing out of so-called “Large Capital Projects” according to DSM procedure ME-8. Projects> 1M € and <15M €.
- Projects range from low to high complexity, and low to high business and environmental risks. Responsible for carrying out these projects according to current DSM SHE requirements and control of Engineering and Construction contractors.
Key areas of accountability/responsibility
- Responsible for translating handed-over scopes and “business needs” to a project approach, drafting project execution plans and contracting strategy. All relevant DSM requirements and work processes are observed.
- Preparation of the C-, respectively. B-budgets.
- Responsible for project controls: project costs estimates, planning/scheduling, effective cost control/forecasting, cash flow management and financial status of the project, planning of contracting / procurements.
- Determine the qualitative and quantitative capabilities to participate in project teams.
- Assembling project teams in consultation with department heads.
- Translating project-/stop assignments to engineering assignments, orders to making cost estimates and overall implementation schedules.
- Supervising the process of outsourcing contracts placed with house contractor(s). Coaching 0-10 external engineers (simultaneously).
- Coordinate, supervise and align the external engineering activities. Coaching 0-20 external engineers (simultaneously).
- Assess the detailed engineering assignments on their practicability, feasibility and cost.
- (Co)assessment of bids based on price/quality/delivery. Inter alia by quote comparison.
- Outsourcing of assembly and purchases of capital goods, machinery, materials and services.
- Ensure the further development of projects/stops by coordinating and controlling network planning, ordering and implementation routes and reporting.
- Preparing and ensuring the delivery of projects/stops, so that transfer can take place in accordance with the requirements (up to commissioning); completing and transferring operating manuals, maintenance documents and technical construction files.
- Coaching and directing the team members in order to strive for the realization of unambiguous objectives, optimal customer satisfaction and compliance with DSM and legal standards with a motivated team.
- Motivate check and adjust companies and contractor employees (0-50 external workers, contract organization) in order to ensure that the work will be realized according to DSM requirements in terms of safety, health, environment, quality and planning.
- Acquire both general technical and specialized knowledge in order to support the technical project applications and ongoing projects in the organization. Acquire this knowledge by e.g. attending congresses, studying literature, contacts with suppliers and other DSM companies and monitoring new developments regarding DSM standards, and guidelines.
- Is responsible to work in accordance with the requirements of the Life Saving Rules.
Knowledge and educational level
- Bachelor’s/Master degree in technical direction.
- Familiar with engineering and procurement procedures.
- Recognizes the interests of production.
- Can work structured and systematic.
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Flexible and willing to change.
- Endorsing and promoting the SHE objectives of DSM EP Emmen.
- Features persuasion and persistence.
- Reliable, involved, decisive and able to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Good knowledge of relevant DSM work processes, ME-7 and ME-8
- Good knowledge of financial control, reporting and administrative systems (SAP)
- Capable of leadership coaching to the team and the employees and to effect change.
- Desired Behaviours:
- Customer and external focus
- Innovate and change
- Engage people
- Drive for results
- Act responsibly
For more information about this vacancy, contact Managing Partner Albert Peters +31 6 28209882