Sourcing Manager Methacrylates and Specialty Monomers – Covestro
Wij zijn Covestro. We zijn nieuwsgierig. Wij zijn moedig. We zijn kleurrijk. Met onze producten en technologieën willen we graag grenzen verleggen en bieden we oplossingen voor de uitdagingen van deze tijd. Kom ons team versterken en samen met onze 18.150 medewerkers maken we van de wereld een betere plek.
JOUW TAKEN EN VERANTWOORDELIJKHEDEN
Sourcing Manager Methacrylates and Specialty Monomers, coordinates, aligns and manages all commercial and technical procurement activities on a global and regional basis
with focus on generating and maintaining value resulting from cost transformation, reliability, sustainability and innovation initiatives balancing cross-functional and cross-regional
Develops and implements sourcing strategies in complex, diverse and dynamic chemical and oleochemical markets to maximize value and balance risks and opportunities. Expert
in relevant sourcing markets such as Methacrylates, Hydroxy Acrylates and Specialty Monomers to provide transparent information for stakeholder’s margin development, product
development and portfolio management.
- Sourcing of defined strategic and heterogeneous product basket while optimizing value generation with regards to cost, quality and reliability
- Development and implementation of sourcing strategies to maximize value creation for his area in alignment with the overall strategy of Covestro and Procurement.
- Preparation, negotiation and finalization of complex and challenging supply contracts
- Development of new suppliers including the optimization of the existing supplier portfolio (including supplier selection, evaluation & development)
- Ensuring implementation of quality, sustainability, and safety standards and corporate compliance rules.
- Managing the interface to all internal stakeholders such as global/regional product management of the BE CA, PCR and ECS management, production, product development, SCM, different site procurement organizations worldwide, PSRA, Covestro and GDC procurement community as well as others.
- Lead and drive important initiatives/projects within BE Sourcing as lead or member of global, cross-functional teams e.g. in regard to global sourcing markets and sourcing strategies.
- Support and drive circular economy activities e.g. by implementing and enlarging bio-based raw mat footprint together with the R&D and Sustainability team in the BE as well as the GDC Circular & New Materials team.
Reliability: Ensure sourcing activities which safeguard stable and on-time supply, appropriate quality level and best possible economic conditions to enable high production availability Cost transformation: Realize economic value through price reduction, cost reduction projects, competitive supplier base, optimized allocation, optimized working capital and other measures to support overall financial targets Strategic Development: Ensure implementation of best in class sourcing strategies, effective risk management, supplier relationship management; contract management Customer Relations: Stakeholder focus, TCO optimization, foster standardization Processes: Efficient usage of procurement IT tools (SRM-Tool, e-procurement), efficient controlling and reporting operational excellence.
External: General management, product management, global key account and sales & marketing management of suppliers around the world.
Internal: GPM / RPM, Marketing Business Management of ECS & PCR Commercial Operations and Industrial Marketing Global Technical Product Management, R&D P&T management Planning and Supply Chain Communities Accounting & Controlling, Legal, Tax, PSRA Covestro GDC Procurement teams globally Local/site Procurement organizations globally.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in chemistry or business management, master’s degree would be beneficial
- Working experience in procurement or equivalent function
- Highly advanced negotiation skills
- Good intercultural and interpersonal skills
- Very good communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills, fact-based and data-driven that drive direction and performance
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and manage a virtual team environment
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Possesses a working knowledge of contract and business law, modern procurement processes and practices and the ethics of the supplier/purchaser relationship
- Good command of spoken and written English
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your CV & motivation letter in English. For additional questions you can contact: recruiter Raphaël +31 6 18698563 / email@example.com