Senior Technician Microbiology/ Strain Conservation – DSM Food Specialities Delft
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DSM Biotechnology Center (DBC) is the biotech Research and Development engine for royal DSM, a global science-based company active in health, nutrition, and materials. DBC is responsible for the realization of biotech innovations and the developments of novel bio-products and sustainable bioprocesses.
DBC is located on the DSM site in Delft, along with the global head quarter of DSM Food Specialties. This site is also part of one of the largest biotechnology hubs in Europe (Biotech Campus Delft), which features a bio-processing pilot plant and many collaborative projects with the Technical University of Delft.
About 300 biotech talents from over 27 countries work for DBC, with strong competences in high-throughput screening, strain development, bioinformatics and modeling, industrial bioprocessing, application, microbiology and advanced analytics. DBC is well connected with DSM R&D hubs around the world, and with globally leading research institutes and universities.
As (Senior) Technician Microbiology, you will be a member of the DBC Strain Conservation Unit (SCU), the unit within DBC Operations which is responsible for the conservation, storage and supply of production strains in relation to the DSM production sites, as well as for research strains in relation to R&D. Together with the other team members, you will apply the appropriate microbiological standards, in order to guarantee a storage and supply of strains at the highest quality level.
- Generation of master- and working cell banks (MCB, WCB) of DSM production strains, covering a diverse range of microbial species (bacteria, yeasts, fungi), including execution and reporting of quality control tests
- Shipment of cell bank material to DSM production sites in a variety of countries
- Intake, conservation and storage of strains from DSM R&D, as well as from external culture collections, into the DSM culture collection
- Supply of strains from the collection to R&D projects, to DBC as well as to other biotech R&D units in DSM
- Record all relevant data in the DSM Strain Management System. Use the system to provide strain information on request
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related discipline, preferably with a specialization in Microbiology
- At least two years of experience in a microbiological laboratory environment, preferably working experience with a diverse range of microbial species (bacteria, yeasts and fungi) and specific quality requirements (Kosher, Halal)
- Familiarity with structured working according to GLP is a requirement, knowledge of molecular biological techniques is an advantage
- Practical experience with laboratory and office software
- A combination of thorough problem analysis with practical judgment to provide solutions within the constraints posed by the task at hand
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in the Dutch language, and well-versed in English
- Proactive, flexible, result-oriented mindset, fast learner, can-do mentality
Continuous seeking for candidates.
For more information, please contact our Recruiter Raphaël at firstname.lastname@example.org or 31 618698563