Senior Scientist Formulation and Process Development – Innocore
InnoCore Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical drug delivery company located in the City of Groningen. We are the partner of choice for the development of complex long-acting injectable drug delivery products with improved therapeutic efficacy and fewer side effects. We are recognized as a customer-focused centre of excellence with an unsurpassed drive to provide solutions for our rapidly growing international client base of pharmaceutical companies. Our multi-disciplinary team of around 40 experts are specialized in the development of microparticle-, gel- and implant-based injectable sustained-release formulations for the treatment of a variety of chronic diseases. In addition to our highly versatile portfolio of proprietary biodegradable polymeric drug delivery technologies and an extensive track record in pharmaceutical development, we offer cGMP manufacturing of clinical supplies. Due to the success of our innovations, we need to expand our team and we currently have a job opening for a
Senior Scientist Formulation and Process Development
As a Senior Scientist Formulation & Process Development, you are responsible for the development of complex parenteral sustained-release formulations from pre-formulation studies to process scale-up and transfer to GMP production. Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) designing, planning, executing and coordinating formulation research and development of robust formulations and well-scalable processes. You work on several projects in parallel as part of multiple project teams and in close collaboration with InnoCore’s customers.
As a Senior Scientist Formulation & Process Development you:
- Are the subject-matter expert within the Formulation & Process Development Department and
actively participate in knowledge exchange by training, mentoring and coaching a team of scientists
- Take the lead in formulation R&D, resulting in well-scalable formulation processes that can be
transferred to GMP manufacturing.
- Set up scientific study designs in accordance with the customer proposal and interpret, report and
present results in an accurate and comprehensive way.
- Pro-actively identify internal research topics for further levering biodegradable polymeric drug
- Work together and effectively collaborate with Technicians, Engineers and Scientists of different
departments in cross-functional project teams led by a Project Manager.
- Ensure – together with other members of the project teams – that the designed products meet their
specifications and are in accordance with the Target Product Profile set with the customer.
- Prepare reports, publications and oral presentations.
- Keep yourself and the team up to date with the latest scientific developments and proactively explore new technology platforms for complex parenteral formulations.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with company procedures and actively contribute to
operational excellence initiatives.
Profile and background
In addition to having an MSc or PhD degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences or a related discipline you:
- Have at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in polymer structure-property relationships,
development of sustained-release parenteral drug delivery products and development of complex
- Embrace teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Take ownership and are self-organized.
- Are driven by results and have a strong customer focus.
- Have a technical mindset and hands-on mentality.
- Have a creative and curious attitude and are eager to continuously improve products and processes.
- You recognize opportunities, recommend changes, and work them towards results.
- Self-aware and self-critical and open to receiving/giving feedback in a respectful and transparent way.
- Are eager to grow by challenging your own limits of knowledge and experience.
- Have a strong affinity with quality at work and strong awareness of company procedures and
- Have a strong power of analysis, illustrated by the ability to quickly recognize the core issues, trends
- Can effectively transfer knowledge to others. You have strong reporting and verbal communication
skills and are proficient in English.
- Show a strong ‘I care mentality’ by taking on responsibility and showing accountability for HSE risks towards yourself, colleagues and third parties
We offer a challenging position in a modern and well-equipped laboratory where you will become part of a young and ambitious team of co-workers. Remuneration will be according to standards in the pharmaceutical industry.
At InnoCore we are committed to offering the best possible environment for our employees, where people are challenged and supported to further develop themselves. We believe in providing a collaborative, creative environment where each member of the team feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
For more information about this vacancy, contact Managing Partner, Jos Zijlstra +31 6 40000033