Senior Project Manager – Global Engineering Solutions
Are you experienced in managing capital investment projects? 2M and MSD are looking for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager Global Engineering Solutions.
Purpose of the role
Under the direction of the Area Director, the Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the implementation of projects and studies that support business objectives. You will lead the project implementation activities ranging from conceptual scoping, basis of design, detailed design, scheduling, estimating, cost budgeting and control, procurement, contract administration, construction management, safety supervision, qualification/validation, communications management and project close-out.
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) is responsible for the large capital projects. GES is organized in a Technology organization (responsible for the design of projects) and a Delivery organization (responsible for the realization of projects). The GES EU Delivery organization supports the delivery of projects to all the sites on the continent of Europe Human Health as well as Animal Health. With a mixture of experienced project managers, project engineers, cost controllers, schedulers and estimators in co-operation with external partners, interesting projects in a wide range will be managed through Design, Construction and Commissioning, Qualification till handover. In the GES hub in Boxmeer there are 15 project manager / engineers based from the Delivery organization to focus on projects in Boxmeer and De Bilt together with 40 design engineers for the Technology organization. The project size in the current portfolio in The Netherlands ranges from $10MM till $200MM.
- Leading cross-functional teams to meet project milestones and demonstrating leadership necessary to build and maintain a high performing group of technical professionals;
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders like, plant operations, quality department, EHS, procurement and IT;
- Managing and guiding external partners like design firms and Engineering Procurement Construction Management (EPCM) companies;
- Applying knowledge of capital project phases to plan and perform appropriate work during each phase;
- Identifying opportunities for innovative improvements to enhance facility/equipment/controls design and construction to ensure operational excellence;
- Applying safety knowledge to establish an injury-free work place and steward safety during construction;
- Understanding procurement practices and participating in EPCM and equipment vendor selection and managing contracts to insure compliance from selection through closure;
- Undertaking studies, applying our Capital Management Process, Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methods and providing consulting to ongoing projects and existing business operations;
- Applying knowledge of scientific and engineering principles, regulatory policies, engineering standards, and practices to optimize design and construction of facilities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or applicable technical degree (PE, MS, MBA, Ph.D. or other advanced degree is desirable);
- At least 10-15 years of experience in an high tech engineering and/or construction field to manage capital investment projects;
- Experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment is highly preferred;
- Result driven to deliver projects on time and budget with the right quality that meet safety expectations;
- Ability and willingness to search out for and implement/realize own business improvements;
- Exhibiting sound leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, Dutch is highly preferred.
What MSD offers
MSD welcomes you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. The benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end bonus;
- 35,5 days of leave;
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates;
- Solid Pension Plan;
- Incentive Plan;
- Travel allowance for commuting;
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development
Is this something you are interested in?
Please contact Albert Peters, Managing Partner 2M;
+31 85 40 17 966