Senior Lab Technician Genetics – DSM
The Center for Biotech Innovation (CBI) in Delft is one of the main hubs of DSM’s global Biosciences & Process Innovation organization. The CBI is responsible for the realization of biotechnological innovations and the development of new products and cost-effective, sustainable production processes for DSM business units.
By using high-throughput methods, strain engineering and screening techniques, we improve microbial strain performance to produce diverse products like sweeteners, biofuels and enzymes.
As part of CBI, the Sugar Reduction Team is involved in developing bioprocesses from small to industrial scale. Within this team there is a vacancy for a: Senior Lab Technician in Genetics.
In your role as technician genetics, you will perform and contribute to research projects to guarantee the best results at the lowest costs. You have a strong interest to improve microbial strains for applications in food and have skills in microbiology, molecular biology or strain engineering. By using (HT) screening techniques, you independently prepare and perform experimental work in a safe and effective way in the framework of strain development and screening. You are able to interpret, analyze and report the data and results of these experiments and you take care of the laboratory equipment that you use. Being a professional you keep up with developments in your field of expertise and contribute to the professional know-how of the department. You will also fulfill different team roles.
- You are a professional through education in the area of microbiology, molecular biology/genetics, or biotechnology at a bachelor level.
- You have experience with microbiological screening, preferably with yeast or fungi.
- Experience with laboratory automation and data-management is an advantage, as well as in-depth knowledge of molecular biology.
- We are looking for people with plenty of initiative and who like to learn and work in multidisciplinary teams in an innovative laboratory environment.
- You combine thorough problem analysis with practical judgment and creativity.
- Your personality can be described as result-oriented and flexible.
- You are a real team player, a good communicator, fluent in Dutch and/or the English language.
We offer a challenging job with many opportunities for personal input; plenty of room for discussions with fellow professionals and open and pleasant atmosphere. Terms and conditions of employment, as well as fringe benefits, are up to market standards. Salary depends on your education and experience.
Voor meer informatie over deze vacature kun je contact opnemen met Managing Partner Albert Peters +31 6 email@example.com