Scientist Formulation & Process Development – Innocore Pharmaceuticals
About InnoCore Pharmaceuticals
InnoCore Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical drug delivery company located in Groningen. We are the partner of choice for developing complex injectable drug delivery products with improved therapeutic efficacy and fewer side effects. We are recognized as a customer-focused center of excellence with an unsurpassed drive to provide solutions for our rapidly growing international client base of pharmaceutical companies. Our multi-disciplinary team of around 40 experts is specialized in the development of microparticle-, gel- and implant-based injectable sustained-release formulations for the treatment of a variety of chronic diseases. In addition to our highly versatile portfolio of proprietary biodegradable polymeric drug delivery technologies and an extensive track record in pharmaceutical development, we offer cGMP manufacturing of clinical supplies through a network of qualified CMO’s. Due to the success of our innovations, we need to expand our team and we currently have a job opening for a Scientist Formulation & Process Development.
As a Scientist Formulation & Process Development you are responsible for the development of complex parenteral sustained release formulations using InnoCore’s SynBiosys® and InGell® biodegradable polymer platforms. You are responsible for developing formulations, and/or its manufacturing process, to enable the delivery of active pharmaceutical ingredients in a dosage form suitable for pre-clinical or clinical studies. In this position, you are responsible for leading the formulation development of a project in alignment with the applicable goals and in compliance with the Quality Management System and GMP standards.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) autonomously set up, plan, execute, and coordinate the manufacturing of R&D, GLP and GMP products and interpreting the results. You work on several projects in parallel as part of multiple project teams and in close collaboration with InnoCore´s clients. This will involve close collaboration with scientists and technicians in- and outside the department. You report to the Manager Operations & Quality Control.
In your role as a Scientist you:
- Take the lead in the development of formulations and associated manufacturing processes through all stages of the project: feasibility, scale-up, and transfer to GMP manufacturing.
- Provide technical expertise and scientific input on formulation and process development strategies.
- Coordinate the manufacturing of R&D, GLP and GMP products for which you are the point of contact for troubleshooting.
- Set up scientific study designs in accordance with the client’s proposal and interpret reports and present the results in an accurate, comprehensive way.
- Keep clients informed and up-to-date on the progress of the project and respond and follow-up on clients’ questions and requests Work together and effectively collaborate with Technicians, Engineers and Scientists of different departments in cross-functional project teams led by a Project Manager.
- Ensure, together with other members of the project teams, that the designed products meet their specifications and are in accordance with the Target Product Profile set with the client.
- Take the lead in exploring new experimental techniques to support the development of formulations and manufacturing processes.
- Select, evaluate, and make recommendations for new equipment and coordinate/execute the installation, qualification, calibration and/or maintenance activities.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with company procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
Skills and competencies
In addition to having an MSc or PhD degree in (polymer) chemistry, chemical engineering, (bio)pharmaceutical sciences or a related discipline, or at least 5 years in a similar role, you:
- Have hands-on experience in the development of polymer-based parenteral formulations for the sustained release of small molecules and/or biologics.
- Can work in both an R&D and GMP environment.
- Have the ability to analyze situations, diagnose problems and identify the key issues including establishing and evaluating alternative courses of action and producing a logical,
practical and acceptable solution.
- Have the ability to transfer results or solutions effectively and inspiring to others in writing or verbally.
- Have the drive to get things done with a strong client focus and you consistently seek ways to improve performance.
- Look for opportunities to develop your skills and add some new ones.
- Have the ability to develop a broad big-picture view of InnoCore and its mission and you can link strategic objectives to work priorities.
- Continuously explore and meet client needs, manage client expectations and drive effective relationships inside and outside the organization.
Contact Recruiter Jorrith van der Sluijs at +316 25417376 for more information about this vacancy.