Scientist Assay Development – VectorY
VectorY combines the therapeutic potential of antibodies and gene therapy to develop long-lasting therapeutic solutions for large disease areas of high unmet medical need. Founded in August 2020, and based in the Amsterdam Science Park, VectorY is a fully integrated gene therapy company focused on the development of innovative therapeutics. With R&D and manufacturing facilities in Amsterdam, VectorY develops proprietary & partnered programs based on its novel AAV-based vectorized antibody gene therapy platform. Product candidates are based on vector/capsid technologies, which will enable
the next generation of highly scalable manufacturing processes within VectorY’s own manufacturing facilities.
The Assay Development Department is an essential part of VectorY as they are responsible for the execution of assays for baculovirus and AAV batch characterization throughout the whole company. The Assays are divided into cellular and molecular analytical, each having its focus and technical speciality. The group utilizes the molecular toolbox to analyse AAV vectors with novel characteristics. Furthermore, the group is responsible for the development of de novo assays which are used by all other VectorY teams for further research and development.
Main responsibilities for the role
- Design, validate and transfer assays for baculovirus and AAV production in the company.
- Write and review SOP, assay development study protocol and report.
- Perform the assay development experiment in the lab, and support the performance of assay for the research and development departments.
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion.
Skills and qualifications
- PhD background in molecular biology, antibody or immunology.
- Experience in cell culture and cell-based assay set-up.
- At least 2 years of experience in the industry.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, dPCR, ELISA , protein-based assays, and DNA sequencing.
- Knowledge of LIMS system, and experience in working in a GxP environment for assay development, validation and transfer is a plus
Your natural strengths and drivers
You are driven to get things done, by thinking outside of the box. You have an eye for detail and can handle precise work. You can motivate people and work in a team. You take ownership of problems and act with a sense of urgency
Working for VectorY
We offer a personal and authentic experience within a young, ambitious biotech company with a strong and established infrastructure on the path to bringing innovative therapies to patients worldwide.
For more information about this vacancy contact managing partner Albert Peters +31 6 28209882 or send your cv at firstname.lastname@example.org