Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (QESH) Advisor – DSM
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competencies in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
DSM Biotechnology Center (DBC) is the biotech Research and Development engine for Royal DSM, a global science-based company active in health, nutrition, and materials. DBC offers state-of-the-art biotechnology to accelerate DSM’s capabilities for application in food and nutrition, feed, fuel, pharma, and bio-based materials.
DBC is located on the DSM site in Delft, along with the global headquarter of DSM Food Specialties. This site is also part of one of the largest biotechnology hubs in Europe (Biotech Campus Delft), which features a bioprocessing pilot plant and many collaborative projects with the Technical University of Delft.
About 300 biotech talents from over 27 countries work for DBC, building up extensive expertise and developing leading technology in food ingredients, pharmaceuticals, and bio-based chemicals.
DBC is a unique Center of Excellence in Biotechnology, with all relevant competencies for the complete innovation cycle effectively concentrated at one location. The intensive collaboration between these competencies allows for the discovery of new bio-based products, as well as the improvement of existing DSM ingredients, allowing DSM to create brighter lives for people today and generations to come.
The QESH Advisor, a member of the DBC QESH team, informs, advises, coaches, challenges and supports the DBC organization on Safety, Health, Quality, Environment (QESH), in order to secure a healthy and incident-free working environment, today and tomorrow.
- Be familiar with, implement and advocate QESH policies, strategy, targets and year goals of DFS, DBC and DSM
- Build, maintain and continually optimize the DBC QESH management system
- Support and Advise Operational Management (Center Directors, R&D Managers, Group Leads and Operational Experts) to establish safety objectives, plan programs to achieve those objectives and integrate safety into the culture of the organization in a sustainable way
- Translate new and existing (inter)national Q and SHE legislation, (governmental, DSM and other), requirements and best practices into policies, procedures and best practices, and initiate implementation projects
- Support Operational Management in (strategic) continuous improvement on QESH topics by
- Analyzing and communicating trends with respect to unwanted situations, near misses and behavioural observations on Q and SHE
- Contributing to and participating in training and coaching of (new) employees on current QESH standards and documents and applying QESH in their daily activities.
- Contributing to, leading or challenging of SHE studies and Managements of Change for equipment, processes, activities and projects.
- (Participating in) realization and execution of the ‘Risk Inventory- and Evaluation (RI&E)
- Acting in incident investigations: facilitate RCAs, determine the facts related to an incident based on employee participation, execution of site inspections and collection of other evidence
- Challenging proposed QESH approaches from a result-oriented, lean and agile perspective, to achieve the highest standards in QESH together with the maximum level of speed, efficiency and effectiveness
- Degree in Safety Engineering (MVK, HVK), 5 years experience in the industrial field, preferably in a food-based laboratory environment
- Experience with ISO-based quality management systems
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in food safety
- Fluency in English and Dutch (written and spoken)
- Being skilled in the application of dedicated software and digital tools is a prerequisite
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible, result-oriented mindset, can-do mentality
For more information about this vacancy, contact recruiter Raphaël +316 18698563