Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (QESH) Advisor – DSM
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
DSM’s Science and Innovation laboratories in Delft and Wageningen are part of the DSM’s global state-of-the-art Science and Innovation organization. In Delft and Wageningen, about 350 biotech talents from over 27 countries work for DSM Science and Innovation, building up extensive expertise and developing leading technology in Health, Nutrition & Bioscience.
The QESH Advisor, as a member of the QESH team, informs, advises, coaches, challenges and supports the NL-based Science and Innovation laboratories on Safety, Health, Quality and Environment (QESH), in order to secure a healthy and incident-free working environment, today and tomorrow.
- Build, maintain, manage and implement the QESH Management system.
- Implement new and existing Q and SHE legislation, requirements and standards, including the execution of gap assessments and implementation of fit-for-purpose policies, procedures and best practices.
- Execute and guide internal and external audits, Gemba and supervision rounds in labs and offices.
- Give/participate in QESH training and coaching of (new) employees in their daily activities, concerning practical SHE and Quality measures to be used in their experimental setup, as well as workplace ergonomics checks, ergonomics training and advice in labs and offices.
- Execute, lead or chair SHE Risk assessments in labs and offices, such as Job Safety Assessments, Machine Safety Assessments (“in-depth machine-RI&E”), TIER-2 exposure at the workplace assessments. Contribute to the execution of the ‘Risk Inventory- and Evaluation (RI&E).
- Incident investigations: lead & report Root Cause Analysis (RCAs), determine the facts related to an incident based on employee participation, execution of site inspections and collection of other evidence.
- Be a member of the Management of Change (MoC) team: provide input on SHE and Quality for (the purchase of) lab and office equipment, as well as for processes, activities and projects.
- You get the opportunity to be at the front of Biotechnology Innovations, for which Quality, Environment, Health and Safety are of key importance
- You get the opportunity to be of great added value to the workplace of the science community within DSM.
- A dynamic work environment with many challenges that give you the possibility to work autonomously and with a team in finding the right solutions. You are given the freedom to be creative and proactive.
- An inclusive and multicultural team with respect for everyone.
- We offer you the possibility to grow and develop yourself professionally and personally.
- A good Collective Labor Agreement and competitive salary.
- Besides 25 paid holidays, you build up a budget to buy an additional 13 extra holidays.
- A membership for only 15 Euros per month at a newly equipped gym on site.
- Degree in Safety Engineering (HVK, MVK).
- 5 years of experience in different industries, in particular in relation to the execution of Job Safety Assessments, Machine Safety Assessments, TIER-2 exposure assessments, RI&Es, workplace ergonomics, incident investigations, and audits.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Fluency in English and Dutch (written and spoken).
- Being skilled in the application of dedicated software and digital tools is a prerequisite.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible, result-oriented mindset, can-do mentality.
The Procedure & Contact
For more information about this vacancy contact Managing Partner Albert Peters + 31 6 28209882 / firstname.lastname@example.org