Regional Key account Manager Pharma and MN – DSM
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health
and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses
with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while
simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its
stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers
innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma,
medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity.
DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with
approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on
We are now offering an exciting opportunity to join a global leader in human nutrition and
health. Reporting to the Sales Team Lead Pharma and Medical Nutrition EMEA, HNC, your role will
encompass both technical and commercial responsibilities within the UK, Ireland and Nordics, based
at the sales office in Heanor, Derbyshire or home office based in one of the countries of the area.
The Regional Key Account Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop a portfolio of customers, maintain and grow the sales in one
- Achieve KPI objectives (Sales, GPx, project funnel development and
commercialization, and personal objectives) according to regional marketing targets
and global pricing strategy (commercial guidelines).
- Develop and implement of sales plans for his/her markets (with support of central
resources), and capture the follow up and action plans for customers in his/her
portfolio through CRM.
- Build up in-depth and strong knowledge about markets, customers and competitors
in the region under his/her responsibility.
- Capture value by identifying market opportunities for existing and new products.
- Use Value Marketing & Selling approach to differentiate DSM products and service
- Get insight and understanding of consumer needs and market trends in the market(s)
under his/her responsibility and promote Health Benefit Solutions.
- Work with the business line organization to facilitate product launches and provide
top notch service to achieve quick penetration of new products and product forms.
- Actively generate new business opportunities by identifying the right customers and
marketers in the region under his/her responsibility.
- Create and maintain good relationship with decision makers of regional key
customers in order to start innovation projects and long-term collaborations.
- Identify possible B2C business together with the Partnering Channels Manager and
actively cooperate with him to get sales growing through new channels.
- Take ownership of the full service performance of DSM, stimulating and facilitating
customer service and other support departments in the fulfillment of their task.
- Drive collection of money with the support of the credit management by living the
principle ‘a sale is not a sale until the money is in the bank’.
- As member of a Global Key Customer team, locally and/or regionally implement the
global key customer strategy and give feedback of the market to the Global Key
Successful candidates will be graduates with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in
science, technology or a business-related field, and have at least 10 years of relevant commercial
experience and technical knowledge and skills within the Pharma industry. You will have
knowledge of industry and markets, in-depth know-how about products and applications and
excellent communication skills. You will also have a proven track record of sales and working to
key account management principles together with good organizational skills. This position will suit
a self-motivated individual who is looking to progress their career in a challenging and stimulating
work environment, and has an appetite for travel both within the territory and into mainland
For more information about this vacancy contact
the managing partner Jos +31 6 40000033 / email@example.com