QA Officer – DSM Venlo
The role of a QA Officer is very broad. The purpose of the position is to support the Quality Assurance Manager of DSM Nutritional Products NL to ensure that the local legal entity and the site meet the applicable Quality Standards while maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness and to support operational improvements to ensure the high process of flow of goods. Next to this, you will support the Quality Assurance Manager of DSM Nutritional Products NL in its role as 3rd country representative for an increasing number of companies/ production sites located outside the European Union (EU), in order to enable their products to enter and circulate into the EU in compliance with Feed-, Food Safety Regulations
In this position, you will be based in Venlo (The Netherlands) and report directly to the QA Manager
Quality Assurance Support
- Support the Site and Legal Entity in preparing the SOP’s, work instructions, and overall document management.
- Support in the process for Health, Veterinary, and Phytosanitary certificates in order to enable export of goods for new Product Market Combinations.
- Support Change Management on a local level in accordance with the Quality Assurance Manager of DNP NL BV.
- Provide recommendations for “best practices” and ensure follow-thru and verifications are complete as appropriate.
- Support and/or conduct batch record reviews, customer complaint investigations, deviation reports, investigation reports, and root cause analysis.
- Educate and coach operations personnel on the criticality of GMP activities, ensure that quality procedures are enforced and give guidance to local management of best practices.
- Support the preparation of policies, procedure and work instructions.
Auditing & Quality control
- Facilitate together with the Quality Assurance Manager of DNP NL BV the internal and external audits and inspections to satisfy customers and authorities.
- Perform a root cause analysis and propose preventive and corrective actions and cluster complaints and deviations for the GDC-management reporting.
- Facilitate the global label change/control on-site in case of shelf-life extension or reduction.
- Change batch status in SAP in conformity with the certificate of analysis.
- Collect and check Q&A data and documentation and provides input for Q&A reports and the Q&A Balance Score Card.
- The key user of the local Learning Management System Talent Suite
- Checks and verifies SoD conflicts (Segregation of Duty) and their mitigating controls.
- Responsible for maintaining YSP tables (creating, changing, and/or deleting records) as output for additional labeling, and any other issues.
- Assigned as back-up for SHE & Security manager, with regard to weekly BRZO stock report and reporting/filing any incidents and/or near misses.
Background and Experience
- Bachelor, preferably technical or administrative discipline;
- Preferably >2 years of experience in Quality Assurance Process- (Life Science) and /or Logistics Industry;
- Sound knowledge of quality management and of Quality Systems as GDP, ISO9001, FAMI QS, HACCP;
- Good hands-on knowledge of Supply Chain processes, Physical Distribution;
- Transport and Warehousing and general management practices and processes;
- General understanding of ERP systems (SAP);
- Solid experience in auditing;
- Analytical and interpersonal skills to detect/solve quality issues;
- Good command of Dutch and English;
- Proactive team player with a hands-on mentality;
- Excellent communication skills can engage with all levels in the organization (also cross functions);
- Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative to resolve problems;
For more information, please contact: