DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
Quality Assurance (QA) Manager – DSM Leeuwarden
DSM Food Specialties is a leading global supplier of food enzymes, cultures, taste and bio-preservation ingredients for many of the leading global and local dairy, baking, beverages and savory food brands.
For our newly acquired part of DSM, formerly known as CSK we are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager. The plant in Leeuwarden produces innovative ingredients like starter cultures & enzymes for the global dairy industry.
Purpose of the job
Ensure that BG/BU/site achieves and maintains appropriate levels of quality compliance (Customer Requirements, DSM / DFS requirements, cGMP, ISO, HACCP, FSSC22000, ISO17025) and passes internal and external audits/inspections. Support and pro-actively drives high quality performance of the organization and contribute to develop and implement the DSM / DFS compliance strategy and plan, aligned with the BG QA department and in cooperation with site MT members.
Your key areas of accountability/responsibilities will be to:
- Define the quality plan, including an internal and external quality audit Define the quality plan (included QC plan), including an internal and external quality audit plan, seek approval for it and implement and manage the execution of this plan.
- Monitor the execution of the quality plan and take corrective actions, in order to achieve the results.
- Periodically review the quality systems and verify whether these are actual.
- Define and implement performance indicators and ensure periodical reporting of actual performanceagainst these indicators.
- Ensure to have the appropriate, effective and efficient systems (e.g. Quality Management System, QCSystem, cGMP) in place and maintained, in line with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Plan, execute and follow up on internal and external quality audits, in order to ensure that activities arecarried out according to approved policies and procedures.
- Being the driver that the organization learns from deviations, implement “Best Practices” and thatdeficiencies found during internal and external audits are translated into corrective actions, monitor the execution of the corrective actions and escalate to the appropriate management level, if and where required.
- Ensure site compliance with all applicable internal and external quality requirements, regulations and standards.
- Provide final approval for releasing a product to market (or not) and raw material for manufacturing purposes.
- Approve quality related documents (e.g. validation, deviations, complaints, audit reports and close-out reports).
- Be the quality interface with customers, drive the complaint and learning process and ensure that repeat complaints are not happening.
- Set up and maintain the relevant network with external stakeholders and represent the site towards external parties on quality topics and issues.
- Stay abreast of both internal and external developments with regard to quality related laws, regulations and requirements and all other quality related matters.
- Ensure that the BG QA Director and the BG/BU/site director is kept informed of quality performance on the sites and advise other site QA managers on critical quality issues that could impact on product quality and/or safety.Background & Experience
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in biotechnology or food technology ;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Management functions, preferably inFMCG / Food Industry;
- Solid knowledge of Food Safety, Quality Assurance & Quality Control systems, processes and procedures(HACCP, Food Safety, Microbiology, Integrated Management Systems, etc);
- Have excellent influence skills, and communication skills in both Dutch and English.
The Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & motivation letter in English.
For more information: