Project Engineer – Marel
Scope and Authority
The Project Engineer works closely together with Sales Engineers to translate the needs of international customers into innovative, logistically optimized and reliable systems for our customers. The Project Engineer is responsible for the technical integrity of the system Marel delivers to the customers and acts on behalf of Innovation. This involves layouts where various solutions are connected into an integrated production system by means of intelligent transport systems. The scope of a project can vary from a small production system to a complete line.
- Be the primary link between Sales and Innovation in the order to cash process
- Based on the proposal layout and the functional description, take care of the detailed engineering specifications to complete the order layout
- Responsibility for creating and making the order/technical specification for the equipment/system solutions according to a CTO (Configure to Order)
- Detail all technical components, including specials
- Responsibility for creating the engineering package, consisting of the detailed layout and technical specification (air, water, loads, etc.), for the customer and the required information for successive installation by Marel
- Create BOM’s list (Build of materials) and check BOMâ€™s for system integrity for projects that need layouts
- Advice and create specifications for Third-party equipment and technically assess the offered solution
- Responsible for the transfer of the complete order-engineering package to Project Management and Order Engineering
- Review production drawings from Order Engineering prior to production
- Review configurations of the standard equipment from Sales Engineering prior to production
- Estimate hours for Layout work and order engineering work needed for all projects
Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented, structural, analytical and focused on quality
- Pro-active: take initiatives, based on own insights, to improve the system solution or the effectiveness and efficiency of the work
- Strong communication skills; work with customers and co-workers in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to deliver results and meet customers’ expectations
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical engineering
- At least two years’ experience in a similar job
- Experience with Layout engineering applications
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal is required and you can easily connect and communicate with people
- Experience with and comfortable working in a multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage.
Commitment to Global Safety
As a Marel employee, you are expected to respect internal rules and actively contribute to the delivery of the corporate Safety policy and guidance to ensure Marel is a safe place to work.
Marel Vision and Values
In partnership with our customers, we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is of a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Marels core values are Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
For more information about this vacancy contact recruiter Jorrith at +31 6 25417376 or send your cv at email@example.com