Product Manager Cultures – DSM Delft
DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition, and materials. By connecting our unique competences in Life Sciences and Material Sciences we are driving economic prosperity, environmental progress, and social advantages to creating sustainable value for all stakeholders. We deliver innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy, and bio-based materials.
DSM has annual net sales of around € 9 billion. Our company is headquartered in the Netherlands and employs approximately 22,000 people across the globe.
DSM Food Specialties (DFS) develops, produces, markets ingredients and processing aids for the Dairy, Baking, Beverage, Cultures, Test & Preservation, Savoury, and Nutritional Markets.
The Business Group consists of the Units Dairy, Baking & Beverages (DB&B), Savoury Ingredients and Hydrocolloids, a Research and Development organization, and a number of staff departments and excellence centers.
Within the business organization of DFS, focus area Cultures DB&B, we are looking for a fulltime
Product Manager Cultures
The Business Unit Dairy, Baking & Beverages is a global leader in enzymes, cultures, milk tests, food & crop protection for the food and beverages industry. The Business Unit has an ambitious growth strategy for the coming years. Future growth is driven by the further expansion of the current strong market position and the development and marketing of innovative products.
The Product Manager Cultures is proposed to have the following responsibilities:
Product Life Cycle
- Introduction: internally coordinate new product launches by implementing into our operations: Supply Chain and Manufacturing
- Growth: support commercial pipeline conversion of the top business priorities by coordinating internal activities amongst
- Maturity: Ensuring continuous maintenance of product portfolio. Optimization and simplification opportunities, i.e. analyze, identify and execute across the value chain (manufacturing/tolling, supply chain)
- Declining: product rationalization and customer communication
- Product repository, ensuring maintenance of proper product documentation, labeling, packaging & specifications
- Master data management
- Analyze and report on the profitability of the product line(s)
- Implement and drive activities to improve operational excellence
The Product Manager will report to the Category Manager Cultures.
Knowledge and educational level
- University level, technical background/education, or at least proven affinity
- Experience with SAP
- Languages – English and preferably others
- Excellent communication and social skills.
Required level of experiences
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Dealing with global industry dynamics
- Data-driven & analytical skills
- Well organized, structured, and execution mindset
- Project management skills
- Ability to identify unmet needs and capture associated value
- Ability to effectively deal with different cultures.
For more information, please contact Niels@2mrecruitment.com