Process Safety Engineer – Covestro (voormalig DSM) Hoek van Holland
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 18.150 colleagues now and together we will make the world a brighter place.
WHAT WE OFFER
Act as an expert on-site and liaison between site and NL certified PPS practitioner to ensure and enable that the process safety requirements on both projects or plants follow and are met according to company standard, this includes:
- Coordinate safety reviews (incl. management of change and pre-start-up safety review where deemed necessary).
- Ensure that follow-up actions from safety reviews are well implemented and documented.
- Maintain and ensure that process safety documentation is verified and up to date.
- Provide guidance & expertise for site personnel on PPS-relevant topics and/or issues and together with certified PPS practitioners ensure that PPS implementation on site follows global and local standards, processes, codes, laws, regulations and rules. .
- Participate and lead PPS-related incident investigations.
Support & contribute process safety management via:
- Solve common problems, develop and promote good practices in aspects of process and explosion safety technology/management by providing expert advice with necessary global or external support.
- Provide regular PPS toolboxes and TOPPS category C training to ensure unit technicians, operators and engineers fully understand Covestro safety concepts.
Act as a process safety expert in the HSEQ community representing the site:
- Share lessons learned from PPS-related incidents.
- Support production units in tracking & improve safety performance.
- Follow up PPS-related KPI on site.
Recommendations/decisions from process safety reviews and process hazard analyses will impact the efficiency, schedule, and capital cost of projects and existing plants, a sense of balance between cost and safety measurement is highly appreciated.
A process safety engineer is always seen as an expert. The specific role must be able to balance what he/she knows and what he/she needs to get assistance from external experts and or management.
The following ability is desired although can be developed or further trained.
- Ability to understand complex chemical processes and to systematically identify and evaluate risks.
- Ability to solve technical problems at a reasonable cost.
- Coordination and meeting facilitation skills /experience.
- Ability to lead a group even if the others are more senior (a process safety engineer is rarely the manager, he must convince the other involved persons)
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with others, as involvement and engagement from other roles and people are crucial.
- Plant management, engineers, and operators (HSE, production, maintenance, and engineering functions) of both manufacturing and R&D plants.
- Project management and engineers for capital projects and their co-workers
- All technical /HSEQ support functions for operation
- Global process safety experts / certified PPS and technical center experts in Covestro
External contact (on a case-to-case basis)
- Authority inspection and external consultant experts
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Bachelor/master’s degree in an appropriate technical discipline (Chemical / Process Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or equivalent).
- 3+ years of working experience as a process engineer or equivalent in the (petro)chemical industry or engineering company.
- Preferably 2+ years in process safety or HSE specialist role, and has specific knowledge in fields such as process and chemical hazard prevention, fire and explosion prevention, functional safety, pressure relief design, modeling, and calculations of hazards and consequences.
- Experience in documenting process hazard analysis using detailed, systematic approaches is preferred.
- Fluent in English and Dutch language, or willing to learn the Dutch language is necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability for good communication & can effectively work within a team with diverse technical experts.
Interested? Please contact Frank or Tijmen via: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Tijmen: 061869863 / Frank: 0629578938