Principal Scientist Formulation & Process Development – InnoCore Pharmaceuticals
About InnoCore Pharmaceuticals
InnoCore Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical drug delivery company located in the city of Groningen. We are the partner of choice for developing complex injectable drug delivery products with improved therapeutic efficacy and fewer side effects. We are recognized as a customer-focused centre of excellence with an unsurpassed drive to provide solutions for our rapidly growing international client base of pharmaceutical companies. Our multi-disciplinary team of around 40 experts is specialized in the development of microparticle-, gel- and implant-based injectable sustained-release formulations for the treatment of a variety of chronic diseases. In addition to our highly versatile portfolio of proprietary biodegradable polymeric drug delivery technologies and an extensive track record in pharmaceutical development, we offer cGMP manufacturing of clinical supplies through a network of qualified CMOS. Due to the success of our innovations, we need to expand our team and we currently have a job opening for a Principal Scientist Formulation & Process Development.
As a Principal Scientist in Formulation & Process Development (FPD) you develop appropriate formulation and process strategies to support the development of complex parenteral sustained release formulations in compliance with the Quality Management System and GMP standards. You will contribute to the department’s efforts towards effective collaboration with internal stakeholders, building strategic external partnerships, and developing, identifying, and recruiting new and innovative technologies to solve complex problems. You will mentor and coach colleagues to further their understanding of the used formulation and manufacturing processes. You report to the Manager of Operations & Quality Control.
In your role as a Principal Scientist you:
- Take the lead in the development of formulations and associated manufacturing processes through all stages of the project: feasibility, scale-up, and transfer to cGMP manufacturing.
- Define the formulation & process development strategy to support polymer and formulation development based on current and future clients.
- Assure quality and consistency during manufacturing.
- Serve as subject matter expert and represent the formulation & process department in cross-functional project teams.
- Expand and stay current with current technologies and trends in the sustained-release product(s).
- Advance formulation and process science by identifying, selecting, and implementing new technologies.
- Select, evaluate, and make recommendations for new equipment and coordinate/execute its qualification.
- Create a learning environment by mentoring staff in their experiments and expanding their technical/theoretical knowledge and experience.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with company procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
Skills and competencies
In addition to having an MSc or PhD degree in science or engineering in a relevant discipline, e.g. Pharmaceutical Sciences or Chemical engineering, and at least 8-10 (PhD) or 12 (MSc) years of relevant industry experience, you:
- Have extensive hands-on experience in the development of polymer-based parenteral sustained release formulations.
- Have proven industry experience from a highly regulated GMP manufacturing facility, either from the Pharmaceutical or similarly industry.
- Can work in both an R&D and GMP environment.
- Have the ability to analyse situations, diagnose problems and identify critical issues including establishing and evaluating alternative courses of action and producing a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Have the ability to stay up-to-date with the latest developments, market trends, and best practices and to propose solutions.
- Have the ability to transfer results or solutions effectively and to inspire others in writing or verbally.
- Have the ability to convince others through sound advocacy and inquiry.
- Have the drive to get things done with a strong client focus and you consistently seek ways to improve performance.
- Look for opportunities to develop your skills and add some new ones.
- Foster an environment that will encourage professional and personal growth and the transfer of knowledge to future talent.
- You can develop a broad big-picture view of InnoCore and its mission and link strategic objectives to work priorities.
- Continuously explore and meet client needs, manage client expectations and drive effective relationships inside and outside the organization.
What InnoCore Pharmaceuticals offers
We offer a challenging position in a modern and well-equipped laboratory where you will become part of a young and ambitious team of co-workers. Remuneration will be according to standards in the pharmaceutical industry. At InnoCore we are committed to offering the best possible environment for our employees, where people are challenged and supported to further develop themselves. We provide a collaborative and creative environment where each member of the team feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
For more information about this vacancy contact Managing Partner Albert Peters at +31 6 28209882