HR & Payroll Analyst Europe – Avient (former DSM)
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste, and certified Great Place to Work®.
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE (Harnessing Young Professionals), Pride at Avient, and Embrace to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions in hiring, promotion, development, compensation, and advancement are based upon non-discriminatory factors such as, for example, qualifications, abilities, experience, and performance.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Payroll, you are responsible for the accurate and timely processing of employee payrolls and oversight of payroll taxes and benefits payments for the Netherlands. You provide severance calculations and manage regular and irregular payments in addition to year-end activities. You evaluate current payroll and time management systems, recommending and operating efficiency improvements as well as participating in key projects.
- Manage all payroll transactions for the Netherlands, including those related to expatriate associates
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of all payroll transactions, both regular and irregular payments, for assigned geographies
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of all related time and attendance transactions
- Perform regular audits to ensure data accuracy and compliance
- Support all internal and external payroll and time management audits
- Ensure all associates correctly set up in related HR systems
- Answer questions from associates and managers regarding payroll matters, records, deductions, and procedures.
- Ensure all related documentation is provided to associates as required (for example, confirmation of employment)
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvements as it relates to the administration of payroll and attendance management
- Participate in projects as required (LEAN process improvements or digitalization projects)
Education and Experience
- Graduated with a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Minimum 3 years experience related to payroll in the Netherlands including regulation regarding e.g. medical insurance, ARBO, pensions
- Experience in payroll transitions/integrations
- Ability to apply complex analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Belgium, Luxembourg, UK and Ireland payroll legislation and related requirements seen as a plus
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency with Oracle and ProTime an asset
- Languages: Dutch and English; any other language is an asset
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Please feel free to contact Jorrith for more information: email@example.com / +31 625417367