Operational Control Support – DSM
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
- Can you be the expert in operational control processes supporting the operational controllers and business partners?
- Do you have the analytical skills and ability to translate financial data into relevant insights (descriptive, diagnostic and predictive information) for financial planning, actuals and reporting activities, by making use of the latest digital tooling?
- Do you have an affinity with and passion for understanding the business behind the numbers?
- Do you have the drive to leverage on stakeholder management to deliver optimal results?
- Can you drive continuous improvement?
- Can you lead/support multiple finance-related projects/tasks in parallel in an agile environment?
The Financial Controller Operations Control Support (OCS) is responsible to deliver and improve the analytics, financial planning, actuals and reporting activities for the operations control processes. The main goal is to provide financial insight in these processes to operations and business partners. Hence, the Financial Controller Operations Control Support interacts with relevant stakeholders: BG and Site Operations Controllers, other Financial Control teams (Account Manager, LEC, CCS, TP), Financial Shared Services, and internal and external auditors.
As an expert and point of contact for operational processes you will operate within the regional finance team covering the following tasks/responsibilities:
- Drives continuous improvements (incl. automation/robotization) in the operational Control processes
- Acts as a Single Point of Contact between the business group, finance region and shared service centres
- Responsible for (and analyses on) product costing, variance analyses manufacturing performance, Inventories, CAPEX and first-line analyses and insights for actuals, forecast and budget
- Leads, or is involved in projects with multidisciplinary teams to standardize processes, increase efficiency and create business value
- Acts as the key user for the reports in the operational control processes
- Provides evidence for the internal control framework and follows up on remediation plans
- Supports internal and external audits for the operational control processes
- Supports Site Operations Controllers with relevant questions/analyses
- Supports Management teams with Incentive target setting and results tracking
Areas of responsibility
Analytics, Planning and Actuals
- Manufacturing FOOP
- Product Costing process & setup
- Variance Analysis Financial Manufacturing Performance
- Ensures integrity of data used in Operations Control reports
- Drives automation of all reports in the Operations Control processes
- Acts as a key user (1st line support for users, train users, test new functions) for the reports in the Operations Control processes
Internal Control and Auditing
- Ensures compliance with the DSM internal control requirements for the related OCS processes
- Supports internal and external audits for the Operations Control processes
We are looking for:
- An ambitious and talented team player
- High level of conceptual and analytical skills
- 3-5 years experience, Master’s degree with an affinity for Finance
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office, Business Warehouse and Power-BI
- Fluent in English, and other languages are considered an asset
- Drive for results, eager to learn and develop, a frontrunner in digitization and process improvement
For more information about this vacancy contact recruiter Raphaël at +31 6 firstname.lastname@example.org