Operational Buyer – DSM
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical
devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
In this role, you will be part of an experienced and diverse Global Procurement Team in DSM Protective Materials, working from our Greenville NC production site or from our Geleen/Sittard HQ location in the Netherlands. You’ll be working closely together with the Global Lead Buyers, Sourcing Managers and Contract Manager on strategic sourcing, market and spend analytics, supplier selections, contracting, negotiations, supplier management, and supplier development. At the same time, you’ll be responsible for your own global spend sub-categories used in the various production sites of DSM Protective Materials located in a.o. the US and the Netherlands. Next to working with an experienced Procurement Team, you’ll get the opportunity to be part of cross-functional and cross-regional DSM Protective Materials teams working on the security of supply maximized Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) savings and innovative solutions for the various spend categories in close collaboration with Innovation, Quality, Supply Chain Management and Operations.
- In close collaboration with Global Lead Buyers and Sourcing, Managers analyze the supplier markets and industries for the various spend categories to develop procurement strategies and activities
- Participate in Cross-Functional and Cross-Regional Teams working on Total Cost of Ownership initiatives, Security of Supply initiatives and Innovative supplier solutions
- Manage relationships with and performance of Operational suppliers and be their Sourcing contact person
- Negotiate, implement and manage operational supplier contracts
- Work in close collaboration with the Contract Manager for ao spend analytics and supplier performance evaluation and management
Background and Experience
- Master or Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of working experience
- Background in and basic knowledge of Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management
- Fluent in English, both in writing and verbally;
- Excellent communication skills, can engage with all levels in the organization (also cross functions);
- Results-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Digital savviness (eg also PowerBI or equivalent skills)
- Ambition and eagerness to develop in all aspects of the Procurement job
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, as well as, relationship building skills
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improving people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the ongoing success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance. Working for DSM Protective Materials Procurement means being part of an enthusiastic, experienced, the collaborative and inclusive team who aims to make a difference by working closely together with the other functions in the organization and with our suppliers to identify supplier solutions for the customer needs of DSM Protective Materials enabling business growth.
For more information about this vacancy contact recruiter Raphaël +31 6 firstname.lastname@example.org