Manager Maintenance & Project – Avient (former DSM)
Being part of our Avient Protective Materials site Heerlen Management Team you will be responsible for leading the Site Maintenance & Projects organization (26 FTE of which 6 direct reports).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead and develop the Maintenance & Projects organization. Organize, optimize, and ensure the effective and efficient planning and execution of all maintenance and project activities for the Dyneema site in Heerlen, in conformity with all relevant laws and regulations, Corporate Requirements Avient rules, and Manufacturing Excellence Avient work processes. Actively stimulate and further develop the SHE culture on site with a ‘believe in 0’ accident.
- An active member of the site Management Team, setting the direction for the site Heerlen. As a member of the management team, you provide an active and challenging contribution to the short and long-term strategy implementation and activities on the Heerlen site and the Avient Protective Materials business.
- An active member of the Review Team and Steering Committees for relevant projects
- Align developments and issues in maintenance, reliability, and projects with the Greenville Site in NC, USA.
Reporting line will be to the Site Manager of the Avient Protective Materials site in Heerlen.
As a leader:
• You show, and enforce, an excellent track record for SHE.
• You assure maximum involvement in clear decision-making of the Maintenance & Projects employees through open and honest communication and inspirational leadership. You are a coach for the team members.
• You create the right circumstances for the team members, so they experience the freedom to do what it takes.
• You give feedback, inside and outside of the team, both positively and for areas of improvement.
• You act according to our values of trust, respect, and support and are instrumental in our culture and behavior journey.
• You are capable of building and maintaining solid relationships, cooperating smoothly on all levels, creating buy-in, and performing good stakeholder management both with colleagues on site and in the business but also with suppliers and other external stakeholders.
Education and experience:
• At least 3 – 5 years experience in the Maintenance discipline or MT-level experience in a manufacturing plant.
• MSc/BSc Mechanical Engineering or other related technical disciplines
• Profound knowledge of Maintenance Management, Manufacturing Excellence work processes, the coherence and their interlinks, specifically Maintenance
• Broad knowledge of all Maintenance disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical / Instrumentation, Process Control, Civil) and of the Management systems SAP-PM, Ivara, Dymenzions.
• Experience in Project Management (small projects and Large Capital Projects), preferably as a project manager.
• VCA 2/VOL
• Experience with contractor guidance & control.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities may require close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses and shoes, dust mask, hard hat, respirator, face shield, hearing protection, chemical suit, gloves, aprons, etc. Work is inside and the typical noise level is loud. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or
caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE (Harnessing Young Professionals), Pride at Avient and Embrace to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions in hiring, promotion, development, compensation, and advancement are based upon non-discriminatory factors such as, for example, qualifications, abilities, experience, and performance.
Avient Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Avient is an equal-opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Please feel free to contact Jorrith for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org / +31 625417367