Logistics Engineer Warehouse – Marel
In April 2023 WHS Manufacturing moves toward a new location. In this location all parts need to be located, like the odd-size parts (parts which do not fit in a euro pallet). Part of these parts, which currently are located on ground locations, need to be stored in pallet racking locations. This changes the requirements regarding way of storage and product carriers. Also next steps are required to improve productivity of putaway, storage, picking, consolidation, internal transport and product quality.
Content of the job
The job of Logistics Engineer Warehouse consists of:
• Invent new ways of storage and (internal) product carriers for odd-size parts to optimize receiving, putaway, storage, picking, consolidation, internal transport and product quality.
• Optimize current storage and (internal) product carriers for odd-size parts to optimize receiving, putaway, storage, picking, consolidation, internal transport and product quality.
• Project Management (PM) to implement new storage and (internal) product carrier solutions, containing:
• Cost-Benefit analyzes of potential solutions • Produce prototypes yourself (hands-on) and initiate the right support (when required)
• Create a final design yourself (hands-on) and initiate the right support (when required) • Supplier selection process (can also be internal Marel)
• Support final design production at supplier • Implement and secure the new solution in WHS operations
• Alignment with suppliers and Marel Procurement to improve the receiving process at Marel, get the way suppliers deliver the odd-size parts aligned with the optimized internal processes and used (internal) product carriers.
• A bachelor’s degree in Technical business administration, Mechanical Engineering or Logistics
• Hands-on mentality
• Able to build prototypes in wood and metal
• Experienced in Project Management within a logistics or machine factory environment
• Able to communicate on several levels within the Marel organization • Able to analyze and implement new processes across multiple departments within Marel Organisatie
• Part of the WHS Manufacturing team
• Coaching by Manager WHS and supported by department Manufacturing Engineering
Interesting? Get in contact with Tijmen > email@example.com or 0618698563