Lab Technician – Covestro
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colourful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 18,150 colleagues now and together we will make the world a brighter place.
The factory is located in Hoek van Holland. It is close to the beach (2km) and has an amazing view of the canal (Nieuwe Waterweg) and North Sea. The factory produces optical fiber coatings and 3D-printing resins (SOMOS®).
What we offer
A position for laboratory technician. This position is full-time (40 hours) and allows flexible hours. The position is accountable to perform, documenting, and communicating results of quality control for raw materials and finished goods. The quality laboratory operates globally by supporting businesses in North America and Asia-Pacific. In the laboratory, there is a wide range of analytical methods, including rheometry, HPLC, GPC, GC, DMA, spectrophotometers, microscopes, titration, tensile testing, and colour measurements.
- High standards in Safety, Health, Environment and Quality.
- Performing analysis on raw materials and finished goods.
- Reporting and communication of results.
- Maintaining high standards in quality testing and housekeeping.
- Working according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Calibration and maintenance of all instrumentation and devices.
- First-line troubleshooting.
- Maintain, review and improve working standards and SOP.
- MBO or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry and laboratory work experience.
- Dutch and/or English, written and spoken.
- Willing to learn with hands-on mentality
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
The quality control department strives to create a pleasant, inclusive, professional work environment. The goal is to have all-around technicians and develop their personal skills and career based on interests, expertise and needs.
For more information about this vacancy contact recruiter Raphaël +31 6 18698563