Improve Plant Manager – DSM Delft
At the Yeast production facility Delft (GPB) we have a 150-year rich history of using yeast for industrial purposes. Currently, we make different types of yeast extracts that are used in many food applications like soups, sauces, instant noodles, potato chips, etc. Through these applications, our product reaches millions of consumers. Therefore, quality and food safety are top priorities within our plant.
The GPB plant is one of the largest plants in the world for the production of yeast extracts. The main process steps are fermentation, enzymatic autolysis, centrifugation, phase separation, catalysis, distillation, evaporation, decanting, filtration, spray drying, crystallization, and packaging. Next to yeast extraction production we also have natamycin downstream processing on site. Finally, the GPB plant also supplies the Delft site with utilities like steam, electricity, and raw materials.
- Build and drive a culture of continuous improvement where everyone is engaged and involved to contribute to the success of the GPB on a daily basis. This will be supported by the standard practices as provided by the DICI toolkit and in close collaboration with the site facilitator and the Management Team of the GPB.
- Design and implement a multi-year asset strategy that is not only managing LTO but also is focused on the long-term reliability of the plant.
- Be an active team player in the GPB Management Team to care for and improve our safety, engagement, quality, output, and financial performance.
- Drives a mindset that is focused to signal deviations in order to respond in time supported by state-of-the-art tools.
- IP manager defines clear and SMART performance improvement targets (output/cost), to be agreed upon with the Manufacturing Director. Performance against targets is monitored and reviewed monthly.
- Acts as chair of the Building Committee of the business group
- Drives the roadmap for digitization in the GPB Plant.
- Manage and monitor the execution of the improved plant plan and take corrective actions, in order to achieve the results
- Actively contributes to the implementation of new products and processes.
- Annually review the multi-year site CAPEX plan
- Ensure the effective and efficient management and execution of plant performance optimization & improvement, feasibility studies, innovation- and investment projects, plus new product introductions.
Ensure that all relevant internal and external technological, technical, and SHE requirements are known within the department, including the impact and potential restrictions for operating the plant, and safeguard the License to Operate by complying with all applicable requirements
- and regulations. This includes the implementation of Manufex for the work processes to improve plant and asset utilization
- Lead the IP team consisting of process engineering and project manager to ensure adequate structure and systems.
Create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment and create an optimal working climate, in compliance with HR values and requirements
- You get the opportunity to be of great added value to the plant, site, and DSM.
- A dynamic work environment with many challenges gives you the possibility to work autonomously and with a team in finding the right solutions. You are given the freedom to be creative and proactive.
- An inclusive and multicultural team with respect for everyone.
- We offer you the possibility to grow and develop yourself professionally and personally.
- A good Collective Labor Agreement and competitive salary.
- Besides 25 paid holidays plus a budget to buy additionally up to 13 extra holidays.
- A relevant Master’s degree and several years of work experience as a Manager of a Technology-, Process-, or Improve Plant Department in a Food-, Process- or Manufacturing site.
- Proven teambuilding skills and a strong drive to structure the workload of the department and focus on achieving SMART-defined goals.
- Relevant experience in Improve Plant, SHE risk assessments and RCA/FMEA methods
- You need to be able to communicate on all levels of an organization, from operations to higher management.
- You have a can-do mentality and are creative in finding the right solutions.
- We would appreciate it if you would have a Lean Blackbelt.
How to apply?
Interested in this position? Please apply by sending us (firstname.lastname@example.org ) your CV & motivation letter in English. For additional questions you can contact, Albert Peters, Managing Partner/ Sr. International Recruiter 2M Group.
Reference check procedures and an assessment can be part of the Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be informed when these procedures are required.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improving people’s lives and help solve the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities, and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the ongoing success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance