Financial Reporting Officer – DSM
Purpose of the job
As a financial reporting officer, you participate in the financial consolidation by collecting, judging and reporting on the Financial figures of DSM. As well as being a focal point between reporting units, Business Groups/Regional Finance centres and the shared service centre on one hand, and the internal and external stakeholders on the other hand.
- Being a focal point between reporting units, Business Groups/Regional Finance centres and the shared service centre on one hand, and the internal and external stakeholders, on the other hand, regarding accounting topics.
- Participating in development and implementation projects regarding financial, fiscal and managerial reporting and accounting.
- Be acquainted with requirements for system changes based on new or changed financial, fiscal or managerial reporting changes. Active in the process of testing and implementing these changes.
- Master data management of consolidation and reporting system.
- Verify data of the actual and forecasted pension and long-term employee benefits positions, make the necessary corrections and provide input for the update of instructions regarding pensions.
- Support and/or process IAS12 Tax calculators.
- Participate in the fiscal declaration process for the Netherlands.
- Initiate, Support, Monitor or lead several financial activities on a group level, i.e.: Internal financial planning (IFP); Statutory Reconciliation; Goodwill Impairment Testing (GIT); Corporate Service Costs process (CSC).
- Collecting, judging (on accounting rules and trends), analysis and reporting of the quarterly and yearly Financial, Fiscal and Managerial (partly) information within DSM.
- Support the financial/managerial consolidation of the DSM figures and the delivery of the consolidated figures to the internal and external stakeholders.
- Customer & external focus: shows customer focus by executing activities in close alignment with customers to ensure added value to the customer with an outside-in view;
- Drive for results: meeting deadlines and delivering as promised.
- Improve, innovate and change: achieving operational excellence, driving continuous improvements and managing change;
- Engage people: encourage and coach individuals in order to optimize mindset, behaviours and performance in order to create an open, supportive and diverse team which will lead to an inspirational and inclusive work environment and lead by example;
- Act responsibly: acting in compliance with DSM values and GPL guidelines, taking personal ownership and contributing pro-actively to joint results.
Skills, Knowledge and competences
Technical capabilities (expertise)
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ Degree in Finance.
- 5-year relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of consolidation and financial reporting processes.
- Knowledge of accounting standards, preferably IFRS.
- Affinity with systems and automation (preferable SAP).
- Fluent in English.
For more information about this vacancy, contact recruiter Raphaël +31 6 18698563