Financial Controller – DSM
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
DSM Protective Materials (“DPM”) Finance team is a dynamic and constantly evolving organization that addresses modern business challenges. Our finance team consists of 10 colleagues in The Netherlands, 2 colleagues in US and 5 colleagues in China.
DPM is going to be divested by DSM and be integrated into a US-headquartered company “Avient Corporation”. If you are interested in Finance, particularly in business divestment and integration, in our team you will find a great reward to match your passion.
For the DPM finance team, we are looking for a financial controller. As Financial Controller you ensure the delivery and execution of the finance planning, actuals, closing and reporting activities for the assigned reporting units. Act as service receiver for “finance actuals and closing services” as supplied by Financial Shared Services.
- Provide all (accruals, provisions, corrections, etc.) content for Journal Entries (recurring and incidental) to the shared service center;
- Responsible for balance sheet management and reconciliation for the assigned entities;
- Ensure that agreed services as agreed with FSS (Financial Shared Services) are delivered up to standard;
- Support to prepare Monthly and Quarterly Management Reporting Deck.
- Support to analyse FOOP actuals and Monthly FOOP reporting.
- Provide evidence for the Internal Control Framework and follows up on remediation plans.
- Be backup of FICO key user role and other reporting and closing activities.
- Support business divestment from DSM, integration to Avient Corporation and DPM finance process improvement initiatives.
- A dynamic work environment with many challenges that give you the possibility to work autonomously and with a team in finding the right solutions. You are giving the freedom to be creative and proactive;
- An inclusive and multicultural team with respect for everyone;
- Flexibility in work – possibility to partially remote mode;
- We offer you the possibility to grow and develop yourself professionally and personally.
- (post) Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting/Financial Controlling, and/or licensed certified public accountant;
- Fluent English;
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience and eager to learn more and grow;
- In-depth understanding of Finance and Accounting processes;
- Analytical skills and ability to translate financial data in to relevant insights (descriptive, diagnostic and predictive information) for financial planning, actuals and reporting activities, by making use of the latest digital tooling;
- SAP expertise would be preferred; knowledge in tax accounting or payroll accounting would be appreciated;
- Team-player attitude and being a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability of stakeholder management.
For more information about this vacancy contact Managing Partner Albert Peters + 31 6 email@example.com