Equipment reliability engineer – Centrient Pharmaceuticals
Centrient Pharmaceuticals is the leading manufacturer of beta-lactam antibiotics and a provider of next-generation statins and anti-fungals. They produce and sell intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients, and finished dosage forms.
The Technical department of the Business Unit EMEA has a vacancy in its Delft production site, for the following position:
The equipment reliability engineer optimizes the integrity and availability of the Centrient Delft production installations, without compromising on governmental or Centrient requirements, and in line with the site operations budget. You own the overall maintenance strategy plan, you take the lead in operational problem-solving teams, and you actively contribute to achieving the Centrient manufacturing goals.
The main activities and responsibilities
- Identify (potential) performance killers and cost drivers by monitoring and analyzing the performance of the plant, using e.g. statistical methods (Six Sigma), RCA (Root Cause Analysis), RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance), and FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis) to:
- initiate improvement proposals in the Preventive & Predictive Maintenance Plan/Program (PPM).
- initiate equipment modifications to increase process compatibility. You do this in close collaboration with the plant technologists and project engineers.
- Define and ensure the availability for critical spare parts, services and contracts for all corrective, preventive & predictive maintenance on site to support efficient execution of the maintenance activities.
- Further develop the Improve Equipment Reliability organization together with the maintenance engineers, technicians and other stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, maintain and improve the Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP-PM), Criticality assessments, and the Maintenance Business Warehouse System to fully support the maintenance work-processes.
- Increase levels of user knowledge and ownership by supporting training to production and maintenance personnel.
- Ensure compliance with Dutch Legislation, and Centrient Policies & requirements within the Preventive & Predictive Maintenance Plan (PPM) to guarantee Asset Integrity.
- Translate and implement the Centrient Delft manufacturing objectives into the Maintenance Strategy, in cooperation with Operational Management to align the Preventive & Predictive Maintenance Plan/Program (PPM) on costs and effectiveness.
The Ideal Candidate
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree in a technical discipline (preferable Mechanical or E/I Engineering) and knowledge and experience in maintenance and/or engineering.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in maintenance operations, preferably in the (bio-)chemical industry.
- You have experience in continuous improvement tactics (Lean Six Sigma, RCA, FMEA)
- You get energized from working in multidisciplinary teams
Terms and reward
This is a temporary assignment (18 months), linked to two specific projects:
- define and implement the Centrient Equipment Reliability roadmap for 2021-2022, in order to achieve more stable plant operations
- implementation of the Centrient global Maintenance Systems Harmonization project.
Start date: Feb 1st 2021
For more information, please contact: