EHS Specialist (Biosafety) – Thermo Fisher Scientific
EHS Specialist (Biosafety)
Do you have a (micro)biology background? And do you want to work in safety? 2M and Thermo Fisher Scientific are looking for you! For our client, we are looking for an Environmental, Health, and Safety specialist.
When you join Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to world Safety.
Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
We are recruiting for an EHS specialist:
- To work with the site teams, manage the current EHS professional on-site and develop and implement plans to improve health, safety, and welfare of employees
- To drive EHS productivity/sustainability initiatives at a higher level
What can we offer?
- A great working environment with motivated and high skilled colleagues
- Potential for development and learning and be a key player in the sustainable initiative in Europe
- Both national and international networks and projects with a meaningful objective!
What will you do?
- Ensure site (allocated sites) compliance with applicable regulatory authorizations or permits. More specifically to review, assess, submit, or modify authorizations or permits pertaining to MOT, GMO, ICPE.
- Ensure Biological & Environmental permit conditions and reporting requirements are met.
- Coordinate regulatory agency inspections for biological/chemical laboratories, occupationalhealth
- Establish a control process for biological agents or samples used on-site and review/approve incoming materials/samples to ensure biosafety or biosecurity compliance
- Carry out the role and duties of the site biological safety officer.
- Participate as subject matter expert on the Life technologies global biosafety committee
- Conduct environmental health & safety training for all employees
- Conduct periodic inspections to ensure that laboratory EHS standards are routinely met.
- Inform management of any unsafe acts, conditions, or significant exposure that may lead to ill-health or injury.
- Investigate accidents, injuries, and incidents involving biological agents. Report to management and Life technologies
- Implement action plans from recent site EHS assessments.
- Provide input with respect to the potential for adverse health effects from biohazardous agent use, the feasibility of prophylaxis, and the need for health surveillance
- Consult appropriate occupational health physicians to establish and maintain a health surveillance program to ensure that Manufacturing and R&D employees receive any necessary medical surveillance
- Develop emergency plans for handling accidental chemical or biological material spills and personnel contamination. and investigating accidents involving biological agents.
- Validate methods for elimination of biowaste and train employees on those methods
- Other PPI, environmental, and admin tasks in accordance with EHS team needs.
How will you get there?
EHS education such degree in EHS / Risk Management/ IOSH or Degree Biology, MIcrobiology, virology or a comparable subject motivated into EHS
Language: English and Dutch or French
- Lean / PPI
- Project management / Sustainable initiatives
- EHS audits
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Open Person looking for improvements and sustainable mindset
- Able to influence in the matrix
- Structured and detail-oriented
For more information, please contact: