Distribution Service Officer – DSM, Venlo
Purpose of the position
The Distribution Service Officer ensures the entire order processing for a selected geographic region/country according to customer requirements requested delivery date. The main responsibility is to ensure the end-to end shipments by checking the ordered goods on their availability, organize a suitable transportation service accordingly and ensuring the correct documents to get the internal and external customer satisfied (OTIF).
DSM Nutritional Products is one of the world’s leading suppliers of vitamins, carotenoids, and other ingredients to the feed, food, pharmaceutical, and personal care industries. The business has over €4 billion in sales and a long tradition of innovation that benefits people, the planet, and profit. As a fully integrated global player, our business is organized into three market-facing businesses: Animal Nutrition & Health, Human Nutrition & Health, and Personal Care.
With a global and complex asset footprint, consisting of 18 own manufacturing sites, numerous suppliers and third-party manufacturers, a three-echelon distribution set-up, tens of premix-sites – and products typically flowing over multiple production sites and multiple warehouses – a high level of supply chain performance is crucial to successfully deliver the customers on time and in full against competitive costs.
The Distribution service officer has the role to execute all in-coming & out-going order/ invoicing processing and documentation by ensuring all shipments to meet all customer, government and compliance requirements and comply with requested delivery dates in the destination.
Key areas of accountability/responsibility
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo;
- Apply industry knowledge and critical thinking to adapt processes and to create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally;
- Coordinate tasks on the shipments to meet all customer SOP requirements: booking approvals, processing pre-alerts, governmental filings, executing delivery, ensuring proper invoicing, etc;
- Collaborate with our international team members and third-party agents to ensure efficiency, excellent customer service and creative problem resolution;
- Build great relationships with customers, responding timely and following up on issue resolution;
- Provide reporting and documentation support to internal and external customers.
Order Management Responsibilities
- Receive the Sales Orders in SAP from the regions and execute in-coming & out-going order / invoicing processing and documentation;
- Check and follow up all documentation related to the export process, ensuring the necessary documentation is provided to customers/importers;
- Cooperate and plan with internal and external transport companies/departments for timely in-coming/out-going shipments, both ex-DC Global and direct shipments ex-production units;
- Collaborate with supply chain teams in the regions by verifying shipment status and solve problems regarding shipments, documents, etc. when is needed and maintaining a high service level;
- Act as liaison between regions, production, and distribution departments to inform all parties with the order status to ensure the goods are delivered on time, as well as advise on product shortages, expected delivery dates, product availability, etc;
- Investigate, resolve, and answer the logistics customer complaints by creating the investigation report with proper root cause analysis and actions within the CCR target (14 days);
- Arrange the return of goods and to process appropriate documentation, including credit notes (if needed);
- Process and send the samples to the customer and regional distribution centers as per request;
- Verify and control the sample stock in the global distribution and request samples to M&T sites when needed;
- Ensure the compliance in home and foreign country government laws and customs regulations by preparing the required customs and/or shipping documentation;
- Works in a cost-effective way and under supervision from established deadlines, processes, and procedures;
- Challenge the status quo of order management End-to-End (order entry, order processing, physical process, documentation, and delivery) from the Global Distribution center to the regional distribution center and DSM customers and identify opportunities to improve where appropriate.
Knowledge and educational level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ERP system, preferable SAP;
- Fluent English and any other languages are a plus;
- Good knowledge in Export, Customer Service and Logistics (Distribution & Transportation);
- Good knowledge in customs and international trade compliance;
- Basic knowledge in Dangerous goods shipments.
Required level of experiences
- Excellent follow up with customers and the network;
- Critical-thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer need;
- Collaborative and a team player;
- High level of attention to details;
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills;
- Experience in Customer Service, Order management & Logistics of +2 years, preferably in life-sciences, chemical, pharmaceutical and/or nutritional products company;
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Contact our Recruiter Frank Tonkes +31 6 29578938 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this vacancy.