Daily Engineer – DSM
DSM Engineering Materials is a global supplier of high-performance engineering thermoplastic solutions. DSM Engineering Materials has a focused portfolio of products; with each of them, it has realized global leadership. DSM is the global number 3 in the overall market for semi-crystalline engineering plastics and is the global market leader in high-temperature polyamides.
The Site DSM Engineering Materials Emmen produces the polymer Polyamide 6 (Nylon) based on caprolactam in the PA6 plant. This polymer is used in textile and carpet yarns and for domestic, industrial and electrical applications. Additionally, in the Compound plant, polymers for specific applications are made based on five basic polymers. These polymers are made by adding colouring agents, reinforcing agents, mould release agents, flame retardants or other additives, and are supplied under the name Akulon, Arnite and Arnitel. DAP manufactures raw materials for both plants. The end products are then packaged and prepared for shipment. There are high demands in the field of SHE: DSM achieves an accident-free workplace.
- Identify and analyze incidental and structural process interruptions, disturbances and/or inefficiencies related to SHE, Quality, throughput and operation costs.
- Administer Key Operating Parameters and processing windows.
- Execute the role as Data Analyst.
- Based on the output of the Asset Utilization Work Process, propose actions for performance (process and quality) improvement and reduction of operating costs.
- Solve incidental and structural process interruptions, disturbances and/or inefficiencies related to SHE, Quality, throughput and operation costs (as defined by the AU work process), as far as reasonably possible within the Operate Plant Normal Work Process.
- Support Operations in troubleshooting in case of process interruptions or disturbances. Prepare the Early Morning meeting by analyzing all relevant information from previous shifts on production, maintenance, and logistics.
- Optimize production recipes and procedures within agreed limits.
- Ensure that production recipes for commercial products are kept up-to-date and applied properly.
- Handling of manufacturing complaints (root cause analysis, define and execute preventative and corrective actions together with other parties concerned), with support of the Quality department
- Provide technological input, for quality and safety documentation and investigation purposes. (ISO/TS 16949, FMEA-reviews, Control Plan, cyclic Hazop and RIE)
- Guide test runs or first commercial production batches in case of application of new or improved recipes (handed over by the Product Development Engineer, XP-phase of APQP process) or when using other raw materials.
- Assess non-first-time right material (in case of minor deviations) and define destination in consultation with Logistics, Marketing and R&T, taking the product’s application into account. Execute calculations for Rework (location Compound).
- Act as the first focal point of Operations for technological and product-related issues to and from R&T, Marketing and Purchasing.
- The document, file and communicate all relevant information on master data using available IT systems.
- Support Operations in developing competencies operators (technological background knowledge, VAPRO-C “begeleider/beoordelaar”)
- Execute role of Tolling Process Engineer, as defined in Global Procedure GBL SCM – 8.5.01 Toll Production
- Promote a positive SHE attitude internal and external in compliance with all regulations, and a proactive approach towards SHE, focused on monitoring unsafe situations. Proactive indicate and execute improvement actions.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Preferably 1-2 years of Manufacturing and/or R&T experience as a process engineer
- Experience with statistical techniques and evaluation tools
- Working knowledge of relevant manufacturing safety requirements
- Knowledge of work processes OPN, AU, Quality System ISO TS 16949, RCA/FMEA methodology
- Flexibility to change product and project ownership
- Fluent in English & Dutch
For more information about the vacancy, contact recruiter Raphaël +31 6 18698563