Customer Service Coördinator – Marel
Scope and authority
Customer service coordinator (CSC) serves as the key customer representative and the initial point of contact for the incoming phone, email and internal requests for service at Marel and manages the distribution of calls by listening well, asking questions and properly identifying customer needs and expectations.
The attitude that is required to perform the activities belonging to customer service is featured by being an energetic, effective communicator expected to build excitement, enthusiasm and confidence for the customer.
CSC should have a strong background in customer service activities, is empathetic in nature and appreciates the urgency of the customer’s situation and acts accordingly to meet the customer’s expectations on every request.
The CSC is responsible to manage all customer calls and interventions through completion. The person performing customer service recognizes that each incoming call is the beginning of a new customer relationship and the identification of a lead to sell a service product or customer service expertise.
CSC follows up on each activity associated with each customer call and will follow requests through completion. Once completed, CSC will follow up with the customer to measure customer satisfaction and is also responsible for updating and/or validating customer information and initiates the process for changes to the customer information database.
The main responsibility of customer service is to provide world-class customer service from the point of initial contact and manage the customer expectations to ensure a superior customer experience.
Tasks within this role are:
- Managing the customers’ expectations and customer information (data in system, case readiness)
- Answer customer calls and identifies sales opportunities
- Management of the customer request and adequate handling
- Update and/or register customer information
- Update and/or register installed base information
- Register service requests and check entitlement
- Validate and update work order information in different systems (knowledge management system, skills management system, installed base information system etc.)
- Be empathetic and work as an advocate for customers
- Ensure requests are transferred to an appropriate and available Marel employee that becomes the case owner
- Ensure customers’ needs are met quickly and efficiently
- Invite customers to call back if they are not totally satisfied
- Escalate unresolved concerns to the manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to execute agreed tasks and deadlines against performance criteria (KPI).
- Customer handling skills and social perceptiveness.
- Supervision and motivation of people, gaining commitment from both internal and external colleagues.
- Computer/ERP literate.
- Good grammar and communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of Service Admin processes and ideally worked in a Sales / Service environment.
- Experience in using an ERP system ideally with a service scheduling module.
- Appreciation of commercial service and business development
Support the company’s vision of transforming the way of food processing in partnership with the customers. Marel’s vision is of a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Exhibit Marel’s core values of Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Procedure and contact
For more information, please contact our Senior Recruiter Niels Dijkstra at Niels@2mrecruitment.com