Warehouse operator – Marel
Scope and Authority
The Warehouse Operator is responsible for the optimal operation of the Warehouse. The Warehouse Operator carries out work in all the logistical processes within the warehouse, such as the handling of incoming goods.
Receives goods, checks delivery notes and other accompanying documents for goods.
Making an active contribution to the optimal physical flow of goods, whereby quality, reliability, speed, and efficiency are the most important considerations.
- Taking part in stock audits
- Picking goods in the warehouses and bringing the necessary goods to the right production department on time and according to planning
- Carrying out first-line quality control and registration (for quantities and visual inspection)
- Carrying out packing and unpacking work
- Issuing items missing from pick orders based on missing item pick lists
- Safe and certified operation of industrial equipment as needed (forklifts)
- Handling the dispatch of outgoing goods and parts and service tasks
- Participation in improvement processes (continuous improvement)
- Putting goods in the right storage locations
- Keeps records of claims
- Dispatches cargo, car and container shipments
Skills and Abilities
- Working with people; enjoys being part of a team and works well with others
- Problem-solving; approaches difficulties with innovative insight and the ability to apply technical expertise to work
- Result-driven to and focused on meeting customer expectations and fulfilling quality standards
- Punctuality; ability to keep to schedules, follow instructions, legal obligations and safety requirements
- Drive to set personal work goals and objectives and the enthusiasm to achieve these
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- Lower secondary school education
- At least 1 years of relevant work experience in a warehouse environment is a plus
- Knowledge of logistical processes and command of English is a plus
- Knowledge of dispatch notes and other delivery documents is a plus
- Forklift certification or the ability to obtain such certification
- Experience with and comfort working in a multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage
Commitment to Global Safety
As a Marel employee, you are expected to respect internal rules and actively contribute to the delivery of the corporate Safety policy and guidance to ensure Marel is a safe place to work.
Marel Vision and Values
In partnership with our customers, we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is of a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Marel’s core values are: Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
For more information about this vacancy contact recruiter Jorrith +31 6 25417376 / email@example.com