VP Finance & Control DSM Group Services & Functions
Direct reports: None
• F&C employees in the Regional Finance Centers (RFC) EMEA, NA, APAC
• SU Controllers
• Affiliate Controllers
• Function Controllers
• Region Finance Controllers
• Reporting & Consolidation Controller
• Project & Investment Controller
Purpose of the position
• Contribute to strategy development and strategic plan of the SU TS.
• Contribution to strategy implementation, business steering and support decision making.
• Define the financial policy and plan of the SU TS, steer and control the execution of this policy and plan and safeguard the realization of this plan by managing, monitoring and controlling the financial and accounting processes in this SU and the underlying SL’s, within the SG strategy and in line with DSM and functional guidelines (a.o. corporate F&C policies, requirements and guidelines).
• Analyze, streamline and set up financial an non-financial reporting to enable the business to drive down the costs of the IT operation and to facilitate adequate external benchmarking
a) Key areas of accountability/responsibility
• Be responsible for ensuring that the strategic and budget plan and its implementation will deliver the planned financial results, i.e. be actively involved in business decisions leading to the planned financial results.
• Be proactive with respect to forecasting, cash flow management and the impact of changed business environment in financial plans.
• Optimize strategic and operational decision making through:
o Membership of the SU GMT, the SU FLT and other relevant decision making teams.
o Active support of FSD process, e.g. (through financial analysis) by challenging, asked and unasked, of business assumptions and provision of relevant financial data to support strategic discussions
o Participation/co-decision making in all major decisions of the SU ITSS.
o Supporting and advising on investment, acquisition and divestment decision making and by active participation in related negotiations.
o Maintenance of a network of focal points within DSM to facilitate efficient flow of information.
o Ensuring translation of FSD targets in controllable financial performance indicators.
o Management of the planning cycles like budget and ASR.
o Determination of actual performance and by this also monitoring the progress on FSD, ASR and budget.
o Provision of relevant management information (asked and not asked for) on all (focus on financial) aspects of the business.
o Leading internal control and compliance.
o Acting as the custodian of the SU assets. Securing through implementation of procedure & processes true and fair value representation.
• Ensure that in all (major) TS projects the finance & control element is covered adequately and regular reporting is executed correctly and timely.
• Develop investment and/or divestment programs for the SU TS, related M&A’s and JV’s.
• Develop and manage cost reduction programs for the SU TS, sites and overhead departments.
• Ensure that information is available, correct and reliable and within corporate guidelines through:
o Managing all internal reporting and analysis tasks.
o Rigorous use of standard IT applications.
o Guaranteeing that procedures and systems of the SU TS are correct and in line with Internal Control requirements.
o Checking output in relation to basic assumptions.
o Steering product/customer profitability analysis, operating expenses, capex and working capital management, budgeting and forecasting.
o Support and verify proper execution of: insurance, treasury, tax related structures, enterprise model, goods flow, balance sheet management (assets, OWC) and performance tracking of acquisitions and large Capex projects.
o Rigorous use of standard master data management practices across the various functional areas and departments.
Complexity of the position
The position is very complex because of:
• A seamless transition of the financial consequences of the Global GbS transformation project – Next Gen – is required
• An increasing global context as result of Next Gen working in multi-national teams and working across continents with strong reliability on affiliate structure.
• Matrix structure requires good working relationships across functions and regions.
• Job is impacted significantly by working towards hard deadlines (flexibility).
• Environment of rapid change due to globalization, harmonization & leveraging
• Majority of activities is located outside of NL
Knowledge and educational level
• Master’s degree in Business Administration and or Controlling (preferably RC) and/or comparable educations.
• Knowledge of SAP SM, FICO, SRM, OTC and PtP.
• Strong Financial Business Partner who dears to speak up and has natural ability to challenge and support business teams with diverse (technical) and cultural backgrounds
• Able to express his/her ideas with ease and flair on paper and face to face in English
• Able to cope with strict deadlines and time schedules
• High level of conceptual and analytical skills
Required level of experiences
• More than 10 years’ experience in Finance & Control in an international environment, preferably in a Shared Service