Commercial Control Support – DSM
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.
DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting our unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences we are driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. We deliver innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials.
Working for DSM means doing something meaningful; contributing to a better world. Experience what it is like to work at one of the worldwide leaders in sustainability. You will be part of a dynamic workspace that offers you room to explore and grow. With locations in nearly 50 countries worldwide and with approximately 25,000 employees, this is the place for you to grow, reach your full potential and make a difference.
Are you someone with a strong personality looking for opportunities, thinking out of the box and share your vision and own your point of view? For the Finance function in the finance region EMEA, we are looking for a:
As a Commercial Control Support controller, you are an expert in global commercial control support processes within Food & Beverage division. You ensure the deliverance and improvements of first-line analytics on financial planning, actuals and reporting activities for the Commercial Control processes. The main goal is to provide financial insight for Commercial Controllers and business partners.
- Can you be the expert in commercial control processes supporting the commercial control support team, the commercial controllers and business partners?
- Do you have the analytical skills and ability to translate financial data into relevant insights (descriptive, diagnostic and predictive information) for financial planning, actuals and reporting activities, by making use of the latest digital tooling?
- Do you have an affinity with and passion for understanding the business behind the numbers?
- Do you have the drive to leverage on stakeholder management to deliver optimal results?
- Can you drive continuous improvements?
- Can you lead/support multiple finance-related projects/tasks in parallel in an agile environment?
As an expert and point of contact for Commercial processes you will operate within the regional finance team covering the following tasks/responsibilities:
- Drives continuous improvements (incl. automation/robotization) in the Commercial Control processes
- Acts as a Single Point of Contact between the business group, finance region and shared service centers
- Responsible for sales & margin reporting and first-line analyses for actuals, forecast and budget
- Responsible for first-line analyses on Customer and Product profitability
- Leads and controls the rebate & commissions, accrual, royalties processes
- Leads, or is involved in projects with multidisciplinary teams to standardize processes, increase efficiency and create business value
- Acts as the key user for the reports in the Commercial Control processes Internal Control and Auditing
- Provides evidence for the internal control framework and follows up on remediation plans
- Supports internal and external audits for the Commercial Control processes
- Supporting on reviewing, defining, aligning, harmonizing and tracking Payment Terms
- Supporting on achieving the AR / DSO targets in close collaboration with the Credit Management team
- Supports Management teams with Incentives Target setting and results tracking
We are looking for:
- An ambitious and talented team player
- High level of conceptual and analytical skills
- Bachelor or master’s degree with affinity for finance
- Knowledge of SAP, MS Office 365, Business Warehouse and knowledge of Power-BI
- Fluent in English, and other languages are considered as an asset
- Drive for results, eager to learn and develop, front runner in digitization and process improvement
In terms of the DSM Behaviors
- Customer & external focus: shows customer focus by executing his activities in close alignment with his customers to ensure added value to the customer with an outside-in view;
- Drive for results: managing day-to-day operations in an effective way and solving problems with a can-do mentality and adapting in a continuously changing environment.
- Improve, innovate and change: achieving operational excellence, driving continuous improvements and managing change;
- Engage people: encourage and coach individuals in order to optimize mindset, behaviors and performance in order to create an open, supportive and diverse team which will lead to an inspirational and inclusive work environment and lead by example;
- Act responsibly: acting in compliance with DSM values and GPL guidelines, taking personal ownership and contribute pro-actively to joint results.
For more information contact recruiter Raphaël at +31 6 18698563